Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Emigrating with pets

Emigrating with pets

Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road
Default Emigrating with pets

has anybody moved dogs from the UK as I would be interested to hear your experiences, shame the dogs cant give their point of view.

we have two GSPs that we will be taking with us assuming our ITA is successful.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:01 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigrating with pets

Originally Posted by Pointer
has anybody moved dogs from the UK as I would be interested to hear your experiences, shame the dogs cant give their point of view.

we have two GSPs that we will be taking with us assuming our ITA is successful.
There are many of us who have done this. If you use the "Search Forum" button to the right of your screen on the NZ home page you'll find lots of similiar threads.

We ourselves, bought out 2 dobermans. Cost a fortune. But we couldn't exactly not bring them! We used Airpets and they were great. I particularly liked that it was the same person I dealt with from my initial email right through to vet queries and actually receiving the dogs next to LHR. Other popular companies people seem to have used on here have been Golden Arrow, ParAir, Pets On The Move, to name but a few.

Good luck.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

we too are at this stage with our dalmatian and would welcome any thoughts you may have - we also wish to consider flying with her?????
a
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Our next door neighbor thinks we are nuts as we will bring our large GSD/Collie X! He is a rescue dog and the thought of dumping him back there just really upsets me - so, he will be coming with us. No - one thinks we are mad bringing the kids (hmmmm - except us lol!!).
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice

Hi, I brought 3 cats and a cocker spaniel, using Par Air and they all arried safe and sound and none the worse for wear. We came on the same plane as them all the way and collected them at Nelson. I couldn't have left them behind and they've all settled really well. Hope this helps?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

We brought our doggies with from South Africa. Took 4 months of quarantine in NZ (cost nearly $10 000). This was just on the NZ side. Unlike coming from the UK, from SA you still need to put them into quarantine in South Africa for rabies.

Bottom line, lots of money. Was it worth it. Most definitely.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Yep, leaving my dalmatian behind is a definate no no and even 7 people have asked to keep her......................... more than my life would be worth in the eyes of my daughters!