Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electricity....How Much?

Electricity....How Much?

Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future
Default Re: Electricity....How Much?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
$535 ... WTF???!!!

Underfloor heating 2 bathrooms, + 2 heated twoel rails (underfloor heating hardly ever on!)

Pool - unheated but pump/filter running.

5 bedrooms, 2 x electric heaters.

Next month we are using mainly candles and playing cards round a paraffin lamp!
Bloody hell! who you with? I think you are supplying the whole of Harbour Bridge road works electric needs for that bill. Change supplier or check your neighbour isn't wired to your leccy! Its warm at the library in PApamoa! Nice toilets too - though they dont have a bath!

Nick
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:06 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Bloody hell! who you with? I think you are supplying the whole of Harbour Bridge road works electric needs for that bill. Change supplier or check your neighbour isn't wired to your leccy! Its warm at the library in PApamoa! Nice toilets too - though they dont have a bath!

Nick

Yes but they don't stock Bolly in the library

Her bills so high cos there's an industrial size winer chiller in Loolahs garage for all the booze that gets consumed (bang goes my invite !!)
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Eternal Howl is an unknown quantity at this point

Just going by what you wrote - I'd say you'd be looking at around $250 per month. My bill in summer is about $60 for one person and can skyrocket to $150 in cold winter. That's using one electric heater each evening to stave off freezing to death.

I hear the AVERAGE power bill for a family of 4 is around $200- $300 per month. I shudder to think what it's like in winter.

Heated flooring? Wow...your place will be nice and cosy!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:12 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Depends a lot on where you live and what you use as to what your Electricity bill will be.

3 bedroom house in the coldest part of the North Island $110 this months bill and thats a actual reading not an estimate
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Eternal Howl is an unknown quantity at this point

You wouldn't have been heating the whole house though, right?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:19 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

For our two bedroom flat it's about NZ$130 in winter and about NZ$60-70 in summer.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:31 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eternal Howl
You wouldn't have been heating the whole house though, right?
Yes.

www.consumer.org.nz

Yet another useful website.

Should add Our billing area is one of the highest in the country due to a seperate billing system from the Power Lines and Suppliers.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

We have a 5 bed house 1 heat pump and 1 built in gas fire plus 3 elect oil rads.my last months bill was $228 for both and this is read every month. I have both with Mercury and get 10% of for going direct debit each month.In the summer months has been about$90-$120.The good bit being in Auckland in Howick area is that we get a share from Vector which is supposed to be about $300 so that will come in handy.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

3 (now 4!) bed house, 3 children, 2 adults, one woodburner, one electric oil filled radiator, electric cooker, no tumber dryer, but we do have a dishwasher and three dehumidifiers.

We pay $133 every month on a direct debit.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Garry,jacky

You know the house we have and today Brian gave us the electric bill which was for the month but included a week before we got here.

The total bill we've paid for three weeks or so has come out at $140 all bar a few cents and the house bill for the month was $190 which obviously has the pool pump running 24/7.

We have used one of the rads a lot and the others hardly at all but the tumble drier and dishwasher have done a fair bit of work. I tend to leave the wireless and my laptop (on mains) on all night so i guess we could trim the bill some more if we worked at it.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Please sir can I wait for daylight cos it's bloody dark outside ??!!
go on then - and no talking in class!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
go on then - and no talking in class!!!!!!!!
Sir ... I brought you an apple Sir ...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:29 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Sir ... I brought you an apple Sir ...
No he won't fix your meter for ya!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:30 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
No he won't fix your meter for ya!!
Can he at least fine tune it ... ?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Can he at least fine tune it ... ?
mmm....illegal abstraction......mmm
seen that before.........

Dali was it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.