Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electric cars, cycling and stuff.

Electric cars, cycling and stuff.

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:45 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electric cars, cycling and stuff.

Do we know anything about electric cars, motorcycles, mopeds ownership here? Do you need to pay road tax on them? Are they even considered a "car"?

I'm usually really conservative about such things but they are really coming down in cost and as a town car could be quite reasonable.

For the Wellington crowd perhaps:

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric cars, cycling and stuff.

I'd like to see me trying to park that at the supermarket
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:15 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of that old joke:
Q. Why do men reverse into car parking spaces?
A. Because they can.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ~ I admit to being poor at parking but I can do a mean sponge cake
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Reminds me of that old joke:
Q. Why do men reverse into car parking spaces?
A. Because they can.
Just try that in Florida!!!

The first time I went there I always reversed into spaces whilst the locals drove in. I put it down to their crap driving until a shop assistant told me why.

It is against the law to do so, the reason being that robbers do it for a quick getaway. Until then I had thought the reasons for their nervous looks when I entered a shop was due to my fearsome appearance
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:20 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Electric cars, cycling and stuff.

Should have walked in wearing a hoody, with the hood up and hands buried deep in the pockets, the insist on a very heavy discount .

That said my mother got two ticket her second time in the U.S. one for parking on a street that was due to be cleaned and another for parking with the car facing the wrong way. She has only had the two tickets in 20+ years of driving .