Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electric blanket - good-bye

Electric blanket - good-bye

Old Oct 11th 2015, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electric blanket - good-bye

Well, today is the day that our electric blanket came off the bed. I'm hoping I don't jinx things and we end up with horrible cold weather. Still got the "winter-weight" duvet on the bed... bit early for the summer one.

Hoping not to have to use the pellet fire any more too.

Looking forward to yet another lovely New Zealand summer.

Glorious day here in Rotorua

Cheers Gill and Rob
Old Oct 11th 2015, 1:09 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric blanket - good-bye

Got sunshine and blue skies here on the coast of the Central North Island.  We've been for a walk around a lovely lake (not as big as lake Rotorua but lovely nevertheless). We've still got the woolrest sleeper on our bed.  It's a sheepskin that's lovely and snuggly.  It goes on the mattress but under the bottom sheet.  We've also got the duvet, padded blanket and mink blanket on top.  It's still single figures overnight here. We're still using our heating as normal too.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Oct 11th 2015 at 1:11 am. Reason: Heating
Old Oct 11th 2015, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It is starting to feel like winter might actually be gone; albeit not exactly all blue skies and sunshine - it has tried to rain on and off a few times this arvo. We've just cut the grass for the first time 'this year' and the sun is peeping through just now - accentuating the fresh cut grass and petrol smell.
I don't think I am quite brave enough to swap the duvet though; last year it was about the week before Christmas before I dared to be so bold.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 3:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we've, well MrF did without asking , taken the double duvet off - not going to complain to much as it's very rare that he does the beds, but still have the electric blanket on and got my jammies
Old Oct 11th 2015, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Really. There hasn't been a cold night here in Christchurch since August. I was lying on the New Brighton beach today (21 degrees) thinking i'll be fine without sun-cream. I'm here two years and i still haven't learnt, i got a decent burning
Old Oct 11th 2015, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
Really. There hasn't been a cold night here in Christchurch since August.
Really? I'd love to know, since when did we start to consider that overnight lows of less than 8c was not actually cold?
Christchurch City Weather - NZ Weather Forecast from MetService.com
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Really? I'd love to know, since when did we start to consider that overnight lows of less than 8c was not actually cold?
Christchurch City Weather - NZ Weather Forecast from MetService.com
Hahaha At night id only consder it cold under 5 degrees.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear!

We haven't had our heat pump on for weeks Loving the warmer weather!