Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:56 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

The first thing i heard was creeking floorboards and thought we had burglars so i went to grab my rifle as the noise sounded like someone walking down the hall floor, but before i could get out of bed, i started rolling from side to side, woke the wife up it was the biggest we have felt since we moved here in 05, had a wee one in Dunedin city a few years back at Christmas time, but we now live in the wops 15 mins from Dunners and its was a bigger one this time.

Also because of the CHCH quake, the prison there has nearly emptied and we had to go into work at 4 am last week to accept nearly 80 from CHCH, and i've been flat out at work ever since, tired out lots of new guys to get used to, more time to watch our backs and our collegues dont know these guys yet, or what they are capable of But as the Kiwis say " she'll be right "
Old Oct 8th 2010, 11:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Rumble.

6a.m. this morning as I was waking up. Rattled the house for a couple of seconds.
Mapua near Nelson and Motueka.

Pales into insignificance besides what is still happening to the people of Christchurch and Marlborough I know . However, this is the log your rumble thread so I;ve added it.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

NZDT: Sat, Oct 9 2010 6:04 am
Magnitude: 3.9
Depth: 70 km
Details: 20 km west of Picton

Keep it coming,we like to know that we're not alone
All ok up there?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 1:50 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was out the door like a Grayhound that time! It was a 5.5 but was very sharp, felt bigger.

Building collapsed just down the road, may have been people inside .

How are you other Christchurch folks?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Well I was out the door like a Grayhound that time! It was a 5.5 but was very sharp, felt bigger.

Building collapsed just down the road, may have been people inside .

How are you other Christchurch folks?
Sh!t!!! Hope everyone is ok
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry this is happening to you all
was just watching on the news and it looks like yet another one just struck again this arvo as they were talking to the reporter
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:36 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
So sorry this is happening to you all
was just watching on the news and it looks like yet another one just struck again this arvo as they were talking to the reporter
Thanks Caroline, good to see you on here How's life with you?

That second big one felt worse than the 5.5 at 1pm...
Felt a couple of smaller ones as well. Looks like we're in for yet another 'interesting' day
At least no one has been reported injured or dead so far
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

And again even bigger! Stuff came down in my house but not anything structural.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:40 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, we're getting the news over here. That last one was a sixer.

Really feel for you down there, when will this all end?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:42 am
Queen of the Underworld

And again even bigger! Stuff came down in my house but not anything structural.
Me too, stuff fallen over but no damage. That second one was definitely bigger, more things on the floor after that one!

And another little baby one just now...
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:57 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

4.9 again - 10 minutes ago.

Sorry for guys down there. Hope all ok...
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by crap coffee
4.9 again - 10 minutes ago.

Sorry for guys down there. Hope all ok...
Thanks CC. That's the one I called another little baby one in my last post... All relative I suppose, it did come just after the 6.

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 13th 2011 at 3:12 am.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Breaks my heart..we were in Sumner for the September & Feb ones & all the after shocks...ran away to Nelson...returned to Sumner for 3 weeks then ran away for good where we've been living now for about 6 weeks...haven't felt any of todays but very upset for everyone who has
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Unhappy Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

No water because the main down the road blew out .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.