Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Exclamation Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Let's frighten the bejazzers outta the folks yet to come.

This is the Earthquake thread.

You feel an earthquake , you log it here.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 8th 2009 at 9:27 pm. Reason: fiddle around
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Just had one here in the Wanganui area, computer screen was moving around, thought that my eyes were not working properly then felt the chair move..... om gosh hang on!!

Geonet report that it was 5.1 on the scale, at a 50 km depth, 30k NW of Otaki

Last edited by garfield250; Dec 8th 2009 at 9:44 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:33 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Felt a drunken sway in the office in Wellington CBD.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

My wife said she felt the earth move last night but i dont think it was an earthquake

sorry sorry i couldnt resist

I'll get me coat
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:10 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
My wife said she felt the earth move last night but i dont think it was an earthquake

I'll get me coat
There's always one!!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
There's always one!!
I was in bed when I felt my first one actually...
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Since being here, we've been in the supermarket on two separate occassions when an earthquake hit.

On both occassions the only reason we knew there had been an earthquake is because we were told about it afterwards (e.g. didn't experience anything at the time).

I reckon it's either:

1, We were swaying too much already at the (comparatively) high cost of shopping/groceries out here, that we simply don't notice a few other wobbles.

Or

2, Supermarkets are superbly built to not only withstand earthquakes, but to keep their customer's entirely oblivious, and focused on paying their (comparatively) high prices for shopping/groceries out here.

The frustrating thing is, because I've been "in" two earthquakes and never felt a thing, I'm now almost looking forward to the first one I do feel.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by colandros

I'll get me coat
So you are seeing the good side of not having the kids around eh??
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thedtb
Since being here, we've been in the supermarket on two separate occassions when an earthquake hit.

On both occassions the only reason we knew there had been an earthquake is because we were told about it afterwards (e.g. didn't experience anything at the time).

I reckon it's either:

1, We were swaying too much already at the (comparatively) high cost of shopping/groceries out here, that we simply don't notice a few other wobbles.

Or

2, Supermarkets are superbly built to not only withstand earthquakes, but to keep their customer's entirely oblivious, and focused on paying their (comparatively) high prices for shopping/groceries out here.

The frustrating thing is, because I've been "in" two earthquakes and never felt a thing, I'm now almost looking forward to the first one I do feel.
If you are there - and not here - why does the signature at the side still reckon you are here - are you coming back soon??
Maybe if the earthquakes know you are there you will feel them
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
If you are there - and not here - why does the signature at the side still reckon you are here - are you coming back soon??
Maybe if the earthquakes know you are there you will feel them
Quite right too!

Hadn't spotted that. Well they know we're here now!

I wonder how long will I have to sit here and wait?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Glue the ornaments down!!!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've not felt one yet
I cant wait for a decent one near me.
We're surrounded by dairy pasture and i want to see
what the cows do when it all gets wobbly
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Landed 1st July,Dunedin had a quake a week later!!! Felt the sofa shake and the lights swayed etc. Only lasted a few seconds.

Phyl x
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a sausage since Feb 2007 & the 3 we had in one evening weren't very big. The two I have experienced in the UK were worse. I love a bit of seismic activity
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

LucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud of

Definitely felt this week's in Seaview, thought the idiots in the warehouse next door had driven a forklift into my office wall!

That's 5 I think in Wellington since I got here in July, starting to think it's personal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.