DUDE

Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:04 am
Just Joined

TATS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DUDE

Have been sucking up some knowledge from this place for a few days now and have been speaking to someome in the same situation as me which has been great.

I stumbled across a forum called expats exposed and apparently New Zealand is rife with GBH and child abuse and a massive anti pom movement.

Spme of the things i've just read i have found truly shocking!

Am i being over sensitive?? I hope so

TATS
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:15 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DUDE

Originally Posted by TATS
Have been sucking up some knowledge from this place for a few days now and have been speaking to someome in the same situation as me which has been great.

I stumbled across a forum called expats exposed and apparently New Zealand is rife with GBH and child abuse and a massive anti pom movement.

Spme of the things i've just read i have found truly shocking!

Am i being over sensitive?? I hope so

TATS
Hi,

This subject has been and will no doubt continue to be done to death. It is an on-going discussion in the good & bad points thread on the main forum at the moment. Everyone has different views and experiences.

I suggest you join in that thread if you want to discuss it further.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:31 am
Just Joined

TATS is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, apologies for the misplaced thread, as i said, was just surprised at the level of vitriol within some posts that i read. I've been in the Royal Navy for all of my working life so am no easily shocked, but some of the posts seemed as if they were wanting a response.

Maybe i've been trying to read too much oer the past few days

tats
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TATS
Dude, apologies for the misplaced thread, as i said, was just surprised at the level of vitriol within some posts that i read. I've been in the Royal Navy for all of my working life so am no easily shocked, but some of the posts seemed as if they were wanting a response.

Maybe i've been trying to read too much oer the past few days

tats
I think you will find the type of posters on that site truly HATE NZ and always want to do her legs. However the bit about child abuse is alas very true..we have very, very ugly stats as we do in the domestic violence dept. It is said that the aforementioned are mainly in one area of enthnicity..don't know how true that is..as for pom slighting...never ever felt so at home or met such friendly people..ever!!!!

They also say that racism is rife, I have heard of some but no diffrent from any country I guess. at least we don't have white supremacy movements and the like of the national Front etc....or is someone going totell me different?

Suffice to say NZ is a lovely place but full of all the anti social shite that most countries have. I love it but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay from perfect.

Personally there is no where else on earth I would rather live..even with all its problems. 3 years in and our lives just get better!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:37 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Maybe I'm living a singular life, but I've not noticed any anti-pom propaganda accept on one occasion and I'm sure (well almost absolutely certain) that from was a pom.

NZ is addressing problems of spousal abuse, as is the UK.

Have a wonderful selections of TV ads to address problems of 'drink', quite realistic, plain talking.
I love the public notice adverts, they call a spade a spade, plain simple talking that gets direct to the point.

Most articles do not give a balanced opinion, they are mainly designed to promote 'discussion' (and I use the term lightly).

Good and bad in NZ.

Pauline

Pauline