Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Don't rush to email

Don't rush to email

Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default Don't rush to email

Hi All,

Full of enthusiasm to get some emails off to prospective Employers last night, checking spelling and grammar, 3 sent off, 2 didn't have a CV attached

at least one emailed me back to say so, so thats my Profesional image blown, cant do simple task................. DOH !!

Nowt else to Report. No new viewings on House......... fast approaching 1 year since getting "Blue Stickers" validated. Time going by quickly and nothing happening.

Till next time.

Ian.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't rush to email

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

Full of enthusiasm to get some emails off to prospective Employers last night, checking spelling and grammar, 3 sent off, 2 didn't have a CV attached

at least one emailed me back to say so, so thats my Profesional image blown, cant do simple task................. DOH !!

Nowt else to Report. No new viewings on House......... fast approaching 1 year since getting "Blue Stickers" validated. Time going by quickly and nothing happening.

Till next time.

Ian.
Don't be so hard on yourself. I once uploaded to an automated company recruitment system, the wrong covering letter to a job. I did get an interview (luckily they read/liked my cv and had a laugh at the wrong covering letter) and got offered the job. I was mortified when they told me what I had done!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Just to add insult to injury, one of the companys I forgot the CV for was advertising in Auckland for job in Australia.

And the NUMPTY OF THE WEEK AWARD GOES TO

Ian.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It happens to us all at the best of times and shows we're only human. I once had some doubts about a file I had uploaded with a job application as I thought it odd that I didn't get any acknowledgement or receipt.

So I tracked down the recruitment bloke and sent him my CV by e-mail, explaining that I was really keen on the job and was sending my CV 'just in case' my online application didn't get there. As it turns out my application had got trapped in the ether and was showing up at their end as 'incomplete' so they would have simply ignored it.

I got the job too.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry about the missed attachment, if it happens again just resend as soon as you discover your mistake, without making a fuss about it.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would of blamed it on the their firewall and resent the message stating you had got an automated email back saying the file attachment had failed so you where sending it in a different format
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Don't rush to email

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I personally would of blamed it on the their firewall and resent the message stating you had got an automated email back saying the file attachment had failed so you where sending it in a different format

Fantastic!

Anna