Donkey visiting!

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:53 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Donkey visiting!

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
We will definitely keep it

Cat is getting insulin injections - 2 a day - my DH is a dentist so gives injections all the time - when he gave her one tonight she purred right through it - didnt even notice! Your poor Moggy
Our 8 year old burmese cat has diabetes, diagnosed over a year ago. It took around six months to get him stabilised though, just getting the dose and food right. He is now on expensive M/D from the vets and 5units twice a day. Make sure that you have a lot of water on hand, our cat goes through heaps a day. This also means he pees a lot too, we have found that we needed a kittly litter inside so that he didn't get "caught short" before getting out through his cat flap.
The biggest change has been that when we go away we take him to a cattery rather than ask neighbours to feed him, the injections is just too much to ask of somone not used to it.
We have accidentally both injected him one morning and he was a day-visitor at the vets, but no ill-effects. Just remember that it is always better to miss a dose rather than dose twice.
Our cat is now very happy and healthy and full of purr. He won't live forever, but he is part of our family so we are happy to be able to look after him.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:05 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
Our 8 year old burmese cat has diabetes, diagnosed over a year ago.
Shes on that M/D food as well - she loves it. She only has mild diabetes so is on some miniscule dose. I have to say we notice a huge difference even in 2 days - she is so much happier its unbelievable. She doesnt even notice the injection - just purrs away. It was actually a relief as I thought that being 19 it was going to be something really terrible - diabetes we can manage! Sounds like yours is doing great!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Shes on that M/D food as well - she loves it. She only has mild diabetes so is on some miniscule dose. I have to say we notice a huge difference even in 2 days - she is so much happier its unbelievable. She doesnt even notice the injection - just purrs away. It was actually a relief as I thought that being 19 it was going to be something really terrible - diabetes we can manage! Sounds like yours is doing great!
I WANT A DONKEY!!!!!

Used to have 2 sheep who wandered out of field into a garden (not the best idea when we have 2 dobermans, luckily for said sheep they came into top garden where dogs can't get!) We called them Posh & Becks.

Girls are getting ponies, I can have donkey? What do they do?

Will you change their names? Or would that disturb their psychie (sp)?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:18 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

we're not changing the names - they really suit them and they're 20! We couldnt do that to them.

They wont really do anything - hopefully just have a lovely pampered life! And eat some thistles and grass.
When you get here pop up and visit!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

No, you cant change their names, they will know them. Are you still so excited about it all today or got used to the idea yet?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 3:34 pm
A land far far away

Originally Posted by SarahB
No, you cant change their names, they will know them. Are you still so excited about it all today or got used to the idea yet?
Oh just as excited! Have been showing the pics to anyone who I can corner. Can't wait.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Oh just as excited! Have been showing the pics to anyone who I can corner. Can't wait.
Laura, you're just a big softie!!!!!

Dave
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hello..... I know you only got the donks yesterday but how are they settling in??
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:00 pm
A land far far away

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hello..... I know you only got the donks yesterday but how are they settling in??
Sarah, we only just got them tonight! They werent able to get a float yesterday. When they arrived their owner warned us that they may run around a bit crazy and joseph may kick his legs about, however they just wondered calmly round the field - taking it all in. We left them to it for a wee while ( well as long as we were able!) then we went out wth a wee treat for them and they came stright over to us and nuzzled in. It was so cute - they really seem very settled. It's amazing. My Dh is just so happy I'll take some pics tomorrow - we just wanted them to relax tonight! thanks for asking!!

Oh and we got brushes and halters and a hoof pick and salt licks too. The owners said that they didnt have any special feed over winter - but it is really mild up here.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sarah, we only just got them tonight! They werent able to get a float yesterday. When they arrived their owner warned us that they may run around a bit crazy and joseph may kick his legs about, however they just wondered calmly round the field - taking it all in. We left them to it for a wee while ( well as long as we were able!) then we went out wth a wee treat for them and they came stright over to us and nuzzled in. It was so cute - they really seem very settled. It's amazing. My Dh is just so happy I'll take some pics tomorrow - we just wanted them to relax tonight! thanks for asking!!

Oh and we got brushes and halters and a hoof pick and salt licks too. The owners said that they didnt have any special feed over winter - but it is really mild up here.
Yes, I see on the forecast its usually mild where you live, even in the winter.

Glad to hear they are so settled already. I will look forward to seeing them in their new home. They might like to eat your veg peelings as a treat... apple cores, cabbage leaves, carrot peelings etc. No pots or onions though. My horse in the UK is literally a walking living waste disposal unit and ate anything... oh he didnt like cheese and onion crisps... the horse I have here was never fed carrots or apples before I got him as he never knew what they were.... took him ages to be less suspicious of them and actually eat them... how sad.

I'm sure theyll be very happy. I passed the 3 white donkeys today on the way into Auckland and wondered how yours were. At least you have them there safe and sound now.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:08 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds lovely, I wish you joy of them
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:40 am
A land far far away

donkey pics in their new field!
As you can see its a lovely morning.
They were quiet as anything last night and this morning they came to see us straight away - I think they're happy. but not as much as we are!!!
Attached Thumbnails Donkey visiting!-img_3542.jpg   Donkey visiting!-img_3544.jpg   Donkey visiting!-img_3559.jpg   Donkey visiting!-img_3551.jpg   Donkey visiting!-ldonk.jpg  

Last edited by pixi-dust; Nov 27th 2006 at 7:23 am.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

They were quiet as anything last night and this morning they came to see us straight away - I think they're happy. but not as much as we are!!!
Yay donkey pics! I'm sure they'll be very happy in their new home, what a lovely large amount of land they have, too!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:07 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bugger. My missus say they look cute.

Laura who did the paint job?

They missed a bit
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:58 am
A land far far away

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Oh bugger. My missus say they look cute.

Laura who did the paint job?

They missed a bit
Paint job? sorry I am beng dim this morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.