`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dogs arrival

Here is the response direct from [email protected]

Originally Posted by MAF

There are no restrictions on a dog from the UK once it has been given
clearance on arrival.

The dog can go to the beach etc.

So, there is no 30 days isolation period once an animal has been given clearance by MAF .

I would therefore conclude that the suggestion for 30 days within the new home environment is a precautionary piece of welfare advice from some pet exporters .
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:31 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

whew! thanks for that info Bevs, made me feel better, I wouldnt like to have done things wrong with our dog.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

glad they don't have to stay in for 30 days...1 less thing to worry about!

Can I just ask, how did everyone time their dog's arrival?

Should you all arrive at the same time?
Do you leave the pooch with rellies until settled?
Do you put the dog in kennels at the airport for a few days before they fly?

Just trying to imagine all arriving together..adults, kids, dog, 1001 cases & bags....in 1 car!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:06 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
glad they don't have to stay in for 30 days...1 less thing to worry about!

Can I just ask, how did everyone time their dog's arrival?

Should you all arrive at the same time?
Do you leave the pooch with rellies until settled?
Do you put the dog in kennels at the airport for a few days before they fly?

Just trying to imagine all arriving together..adults, kids, dog, 1001 cases & bags....in 1 car!
Hi Cheryl,

It is a bit of a monster task!! We dropped the dogs at Airpets' kennels next to Heathrow airport. We flew over 3 days via Singapore. Had a night in Auckland. Picked the dogs up the next morning from the airport and had a people carrier with trailer. Dogs went in the boot and luggage went in the trailer. We had their crates too, I can't remember but I think you have to take the crate with you. We were then able to return the hire car and trailer here down the Mount when we had purchased our own at auction.

Basically tell the pet shippers when you arrive and they will work it our from there for when the dog needs to fly.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Caroline

Bet it was extra stressful for you with 4 kids & 2 dogs! I've only got 2 kids...well 3 if you include OH!! & just the 1 dog! & I'm feeling a little stressed! No wonder you enjoy your bolly so much
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Tamboat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nukiwi
I think it only applies to cats that they should be kept in but this is not for quarantine purposes just to get them used to their new surroundings. When we were at the airport picking our cats up, there was another couple from the UK picking up their dog and they said they'd been told to keep it in for a couple of days and i've heard this before.

I have also heard others with dogs say that they let them out straight away. Apparently they can also suffer jet-lag so an easy couple of days is probably a good thing.

I can strongly recommend Golden Arrow, who are based in Shropshire. They do not have a website but if you are interested, PM me and I will give you details.
Very interested to hear of your experiences and recommendation for "Golden Arrow" dog shipping company.
I would be grateful if you could PM me with their address and telephone number, and I cannot find them in the directory.
[Sorry, Unable to PM you direct as new member of forum].
Tam
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:53 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

No

Ours didn't. We collected them from air NZ and away we went
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Can I butt in and ask whether dogs can fly out of Manchester or does it have to be Heathrow? Was hoping to leave from Manchester, don't really fancy driving down to London a few days before.

It's just more to organise and plan and I'm getting headache and stressed thinking about it never mind doing it on my own with child and dog!!!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:01 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Think it has to be Heathrow as they have to be in approved kennels for at least 24 hours BEFORE they fly
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Oh God!!!!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tamboat
Very interested to hear of your experiences and recommendation for "Golden Arrow" dog shipping company.
I would be grateful if you could PM me with their address and telephone number, and I cannot find them in the directory.
[Sorry, Unable to PM you direct as new member of forum].
Tam
Hi and welcome.

I am pleased to say that Golden Arrow seems to finally have a website up and running.

Golden Arrow Pet Shippers.

Telephone 01588 680 240
Facsimile 01588 680 414
Address Golden Arrow Shippers,
Lydbury North,
Shropshire SY7 8DY,
United Kingdom.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Hi there, we used Golden Arrow and shipped from Stockport - yes that is on the flight path for Manchester Airport but our dogs went out of Heathrow with Golden Arrow collecting them, kenneling them for a few days and then taking them to Heathrow to fly. I was worried sick about them being away from us and travelling "alone"! We watched their plane touchdown at Dunedin, saw the baggage handlers pull the crates off the plane and watched 2 dogs tails wagging like mad as they were chatted to by the baggage handlers. Yes I cried! I would just ring Golden Arrow and ask them any questions you can think of, they are used to it.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nukiwi
I think it only applies to cats that they should be kept in but this is not for quarantine purposes just to get them used to their new surroundings. When we were at the airport picking our cats up, there was another couple from the UK picking up their dog and they said they'd been told to keep it in for a couple of days and i've heard this before.

I have also heard others with dogs say that they let them out straight away. Apparently they can also suffer jet-lag so an easy couple of days is probably a good thing.

I can strongly recommend Golden Arrow, who are based in Shropshire. They do not have a website but if you are interested, PM me and I will give you details.
Hi
Could yoiu please send me via PM the details for Golden Arrow. I wish they had a website
Thanks
Maria
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Hi
Could yoiu please send me via PM the details for Golden Arrow. I wish they had a website
Thanks
Maria
Just ignore me.....I've just found it in the above posting. X
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:57 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blackburn lass
Oh God!!!!
Hi When my dog arrived in NZ we arranged for a Vet just to look her over, we was advised by the Vet just to feed the dog on plain boiled rice and chicken for a few days have to say this was also advise that my own vet gave to me back in the UK due to not having food for over 28 hours.

I clear lots of dogs at the airport and have to say most just get out of the crate and are so happy to get out..but most are just in need of a long wee.

MAF tell me its hope that all dog owners from the UK keep the dogs a way from other animals especially in the first few days as they are looking for is a dog that has had any sickness in the first few days of arriving in NZ.

Still I would keep the dog at home as required. OH by the way put down the dogs normal food after a few days later and she would not eat it... :curse:
Lin