Reload this Page >

Does anybody know . . .

Does anybody know . . .

Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:43 am
Just Joined

HopefullBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anybody know . . .

Hi,

My family emigrated to NZ 30 odd years ago (when it was easy) when I was 3 yrs old and we stayed for 6 months before returning to the UK.

I now want to emigrate myself (and take my own family) does anybody know if the previous emigration has any bearing and if I still have eny entitlement to live in NZ ?

Sorry to ask here but I have looked everywhere I can think of on the 'net and can find no information whatsoever that is relevant and I was hoping someone here would have some personal experiences to share.

I have emailed NZIS but they state it could be some time before we receive a reply.

Thanks in advance for any pointers, Lee
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anybody know . . .

Originally Posted by HopefullBrit
Hi,

My family emigrated to NZ 30 odd years ago (when it was easy) when I was 3 yrs old and we stayed for 6 months before returning to the UK.

I now want to emigrate myself (and take my own family) does anybody know if the previous emigration has any bearing and if I still have eny entitlement to live in NZ ?

Sorry to ask here but I have looked everywhere I can think of on the 'net and can find no information whatsoever that is relevant and I was hoping someone here would have some personal experiences to share.

I have emailed NZIS but they state it could be some time before we receive a reply.

Thanks in advance for any pointers, Lee
I doubt it - permanent residence does not normally last forever if you leave the country. But to be sure you would need to speak to a good immigration professional, to see if there are special rules for those who arrived a long time ago. This area is likely to be 'off the beaten track' in terms of the law.

Usually you need to become a citizen in order to keep your rights when you leave.

Jeremy