Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Airsupply to ship their pet?

Anyone used Airsupply to ship their pet?

Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

fran & edd is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone used Airsupply to ship their pet?

have had 2 quotes to export our Staffie dog from London to Auckland and the cheapest (just over £1100) is from Airsupply Shipping Agents in Middlesex - has anyone used them and if so what were they like?

Frances
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone used Airsupply to ship their pet?

When we imported our labrador to Wellington 18 months ago we used Golden Arrow that has been well recommended on this site and by personal friends. Their service was great and there was very little paperwork and form filling for us to do. They sent all the blood bottles and pooh bottles for us/our Vet to collect with SAE to their own animal laboratory.

We were in NZ before Molly came out to sort out housing etc. She stayed with friends for a couple of months. Naturally didn't want any hassle for them. Golden Arrow collected her from Berkshire and took her to the midlands for the last couple of days for the Vet checks etc. They sorted the crates out etc.

We had to change the dates and this was no problem for them.

More expensive at 2000 pounds, but worth it.

Do a search on Golden Arrow.
Roger
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:44 pm
Damages

Hi fran and edd,

We haven't made the move yet but on another forum a couple really rated www.airpets.com. They said that it cost £1184 for 2 cats, and they were very pleased with the service. Hope this helps.

Phyllis

Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:51 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Aipets and even though our dog arrived safe and well my mum wasnt happy with the facilities at Heathrow. My dog wasnt walked for the 24 hrs leading to his flight and no bed was supplied for his kennel. Go with Golden Arrow and if you can go with Air NZ via LA, much less stressful for the dog and less heat at LA dependant of course on the time of year. Air NZ were brilliant at Auckland as were MAF.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scottish
We used Aipets and even though our dog arrived safe and well my mum wasnt happy with the facilities at Heathrow. My dog wasnt walked for the 24 hrs leading to his flight and no bed was supplied for his kennel. Go with Golden Arrow and if you can go with Air NZ via LA, much less stressful for the dog and less heat at LA dependant of course on the time of year. Air NZ were brilliant at Auckland as were MAF.

I need to organise to get my dog from Christchurch to Scotland. Does anyone know which company is good to use. She has started her pet scheme system but will only be three months into it when we leave here, so she will need to board in kennels in Scotland for 3 months.

Any help would be appreciated as she is such a darling little dog that we want her to be safe and sound.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:22 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fran & edd
have had 2 quotes to export our Staffie dog from London to Auckland and the cheapest (just over £1100) is from Airsupply Shipping Agents in Middlesex - has anyone used them and if so what were they like?

Frances
We're in the process of gathering info too, one that has been recommended to us is Ladyhaye based in Lingfield, Surrey. I think they also are known as Easipets.com. Anyway, the most important thing for us is a stress free journey for our Dog, rather than simply the cheapest - so can anyone else add in their tuppence worth and let us know both good and bad experiences please?

Thanks

Biddy
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

fran & edd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biddy
We're in the process of gathering info too, one that has been recommended to us is Ladyhaye based in Lingfield, Surrey. I think they also are known as Easipets.com. Anyway, the most important thing for us is a stress free journey for our Dog, rather than simply the cheapest - so can anyone else add in their tuppence worth and let us know both good and bad experiences please?

Thanks

Biddy
the journey for Bruno is the biggest concern for us too not which company is the cheapest, although if 2 companies are offering the same service and one is charging less then I'd look into that company first, but without anyone elses opinion/recommendations its not easy to know who to use. Saying that I did give a couple of the companies mentioned on here a ring and am now in contact with an exporter (also a vets) in Dunfermline (Pet Travel Services/Inglis Vet), which covers our area (Edinburgh) and have put my own vet in touch with them to suss it out.

Frances