Doctors Notes

Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

vicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doctors Notes

Hi

Went to the docs the other day to ask about my notes to bring out to NZ, given that they're about me I was a little astounded to be told I would have to pay £50 for a copy (the originals aren't allowed to leave the country as they belong to the crown something or other!!).

Anyway given its me, the hubby and two kids that'd make £200 for some notes, none of us have major health issues so I'm wondering if it is worth it.

Thoughts please from anyone who has or hasn't taken their notes over to NZ.

Thanks
V
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Doctors Notes

We didn't bring our notes.

A expat friend hereabouts has just requested the notes for her son as the local surgery wanted to check on inoculations etc. She hasn't had to pay any money for the copies though.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:49 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Just ask your GP for a summary print out for each of you. they should be able to do this free of charge as its just basically a screen print summary and will include a list of any past conditions, regular meds, previous surgeries, vaccinations and a brief history of doc visit.

I can understand the charge for copying a complete set of notes. I used to work in a GP surgery and you'd be surprising just how much paperwork there is in the notes! But we didn't used to charge anything for just printing a summary.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

We only brought out a summary copy of our notes from Gp this was enough
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bring any of our medical records from the GP. Fortunately we are all in good health & I know about the previous medical history of all the family. I'm also a bit of a saddo, so I've kept & maintained the child health records for my children, including adding in the school health checks & the later immunisations that the children have had. I also always kept my own copies of health related letters, such as hospital letters or test results.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:39 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

We requested ours when I was preparing for my medical, OH didn't need a medical but got his notes anyway, cost £20 for both lots and as we've got them will take with us.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We've just registered at our new GP. I was told about the £50 charge, but as we don't have any major issues I just had to book a new patient appointment with the nurse instead for $23 and went through a few questions and took the kids' red books in showing their innoculation dates etc. They're most upset as they now have to have 3 injections against Hepititus B as they didn't have them in the UK!

I had to pay $28 this morning for an emergency appointment (with no queuing and a helpful receptionist!) after tipping hot oil over my hand but was pleased the prescription was only $6 which makes up for paying for the docs I think (but there'll be no more pancakes for breakfast!!!).
Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:01 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

ouch! hope your hand will be ok MOSO!

we paid £10 each for ours when we brought it to germany, but have never needed it. should be fun when we have to request copies of our german notes in german!
don't think i'll bother