Reload this Page >

Do poms moan wherever they go?

Wikiposts

Do poms moan wherever they go?

Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:01 am
Banned

welltravelledyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do poms moan wherever they go?

Or just make people not like them wherever they go?

Its very well know that after America, the English are the least well liked nation on the planet.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do poms moan wherever they go?

Originally Posted by welltravelledyes

Its very well know that after America, the English are the least well liked nation on the planet.
IMHO i think its because in England there is very much that class system,and some English people(not all of them) bring that class thing over with them..

And to be honest it just doesn't work here,theres just no class system here at all,which is really quite refreshing..

Were from Scotland so its not as bad for us,you only have 2 classes is Scotland ,you have SCUM then everyone else

We love the fact here that nobody judges you on what your house is like,or in the kids case,what kind of trainers you are wearing... Jacky
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

We dont moan we make observasions.

People in oz and nz might say we moan as they are the places we tend to
migrate to.
You move to the other side of the world and some things are different,
you like some of the new things but not others.
You ask questions about different cultural aspects of the new country you are in.
why do people do this ? whats that for? why dont people just do this instead ?
you have to ask or you'll never know but if you ask you are moaning.
Then you get some brits who are so desperate to appear to be "non moaners"
that they start moaning about others in an affort to fit in with the locals.
I knew an aussie back in the uk who whinged constantly about "warm beer" and "the weather"
did i care ? no. Did i need to go on the internet and label all aussies moaners and whingers ? No.
If you've spent all your life in one country and culture and you them move to
another you are bound to compare the differences. As i've said all ready, some you will
like some you wont.
As for classless, you've got to be joking. snobbery exhists here just as much as back in the uk.
I work with a group of kiwis who judge people by where they live and what car they drive,
how much they earn and how many toys they have.
They slag of farmers, they definately see maori's as second class and people from the islands are even lower.
this took me by suprise at first because i'd read all the rubbish about kiwis being some kind of saintly race.
Non judgmental,super polite who dont swear or cuss and dont even know what racism is.
full of social hang ups and envy
Social jealousy exists in EVERY culture, lets not start pretending we're
all whiter than white, it doesnt fool anyone least of all the people your trying to impress.

By saying this does that make me a moaner to ?

Last edited by Justcol; Oct 25th 2008 at 7:37 am.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

don't feed the trolls......
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=lardyl;6909842]don't feed the trolls......[/QUOT

I took the bite,now walking away
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:54 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Americans
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:04 am
Banned

welltravelledyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
Its good that you replied as it was you the thread was directed at! I saw your other thread which was a rant

Last edited by welltravelledyes; Oct 25th 2008 at 8:11 am.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
How dumb am I? I STILL do not understand what a troll is....I have an idea it was someone who was someone with a different site name and have since joined agin with ANOTHER site name?? HELP!!!! OR its someone who sits under bridges hungry for goat.

And tall poppy syndrome..in a simple sentence ( I am thick ) what is this all about? Shameful, been on this site over 3 years and sooooooooooooooo much I don't understand..especially how to invest MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Its very well known that after America, the English are the least well liked nation on the planet.
Thats right. In fact, the Chinese, Japanese, French, Germans, Serbians,Argentinians, Pakistanis, South Africans, Indians, Jamaicans, Italians,Arabs and Israelis are universally loved arent they? To name just a few.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Kiwi's dislike Brits. Afterall many of us are married to them.

However if one was to judge Brits by reading posts in BE you would have to accept that some would take some time to warm to
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:23 am
Just Joined

bogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nicebogwopit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Genesis
How dumb am I? I STILL do not understand what a troll is....I have an idea it was someone who was someone with a different site name and have since joined agin with ANOTHER site name?? HELP!!!! OR its someone who sits under bridges hungry for goat.

And tall poppy syndrome..in a simple sentence ( I am thick ) what is this all about? Shameful, been on this site over 3 years and sooooooooooooooo much I don't understand..especially how to invest MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I'm new but I think a troll is a relation to me, hubby calls me a trollut a mixture of a troll and trout. I don't hide under the bridge though!!!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:46 am

Jokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant future

Well known by who? Actually, I think you're way off the mark. Most people like Brits! Except kiwis and ozzies!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Its good that you replied as it was you the thread was directed at! I saw your other thread which was a rant
which thread of mine is that oh trollette??
"my" threads tend to be constructive......might kill the odd one but that's life.....and used to be in a certain sig.........
keep reading the "trolling manual" and you will learn to win friends and influence people.........

sometimes, I wish I took my own advice.........
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:25 pm

Jokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Genesis

Tall Poppy Syndrome in NZ :

"New Zealand has a terrible case of tall poppy syndrome with people constantly being knocked down for simply for letting themselves shine. People are criticised by their peers for merely striving to achieve the best, yet society wonders why a lot of young people settle for mere mediocrity in their academic studies and why they do not want to be the one labelled �nerd�, �geek� or �greaser�. And it is not just an intellectual issue; tall poppy syndrome also extends to the sports and cultural fields. New Zealand needs a cultural makeover. They could take a leaf out of American�s culture who, despite all their faults, are a perfect example of a culture of competitiveness and individuals who strive to the top."

Example? I am studying a journalism course. I wrote this article. http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominionpost/4703110a27348.html

I sent it to my lecturer for publication on the student news web-site. She refused to put it on the website as it was "too dangerous".

I sent the article to a friend in the media in the UK. He told me to send it to my local free paper. I did. They told me they wanted to print it and it came out on the front page a few weeks later!

College then threatened to kick me off the course if I did it again (e.g. send my own work to a newspaper without prior approval from college).

God forbid a journalism student should try and get newspaper articles published unless they agree to it. They told me they owned the intellectual copyright of any work i had submitted at College for marking (even though in this case it was rejected).

"You're not ready", my lecturer told me.

Then, instead of giving me a pat on the back when it was published, my lecturer didn't put the news clipping on the wall, unlike other students who had had things published. But a week later she did put the subsequent follow-up article on the wall :

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominionpost/4728202a27348.html

Not sure what that is all about!

Eventually, i've did get some begrugding praise. In my eyes they made a mountain out of a mole-hill, all because the piece was not politically correct.

Anyhow, I told my mate about it (a Kiwi writer) and he told me it was "tall poppy syndrome".

I happen to agree with him.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt that just you being sour as you thought you deserved praise for
you w ork and didnt get it.
I'm guessing the college has a reputation to protect in media circles, it will
not its bridges burnt by students writting inapropriate pieces that may upset
certain aspects of society (i have to admit i havent read your article)
As a journalist you will have to follow the brief given you by which ever media
institute you eventually work for, i'm guessing the college are trying to get that accross.
My personal experiance is the exact opposite, I am pushed and encouraged at work
to be a free thinker and perform to the best of my abilities, new ideas are welcomed and opinions are valued.
Both my kids went to a grammer school in the uk, they are both top 5% and always have been. the eldest was top 2% in his english studies
They started at high school here in nz 4 months ago and are streets ahead of their classmates.
They are still being pushed and challenged. They are not being held up in any way. They are the tall poppies and they are flourishing.
Personally i think TPS is a term being used by those who's ego's are greater than their talent.
This isnt meant as a personal dig. I'm just sick of hearing people moan
and blame NZ culture because things didnt work out for them.
The best advice i could give came to me from a kiwi friend,
He told me to "shut up, harden up and get on with it".
It works

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.