Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Destination Welly....Sept!! but where ?...

Destination Welly....Sept!! but where ?...

Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Destination Welly....Sept!! but where ?...

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Whatever happened to Wellington City. God knows what the appeal is about the Kapati Coast or The Hutt, though keep away from Wainui and the less I mention about Porirua the better

Dirk
Only cos you can't keep up with the Porirua boozy pommies.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
the Hutt Valley - twinkling night lights -
Nina - that's the security lighting around the prison grounds.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:21 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine this in reverse....I'm coming to the south east of England...where should I stay?

Guilford! Leatherhead! Bracknell! Barnet! Southend! Amersham!

Just spend some time in London (i.e. Wellington) and get the feel of the place and then decide where to go.

Simple.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:45 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Avid
Imagine this in reverse....I'm coming to the south east of England...where should I stay?

Just spend some time in London (i.e. Wellington) and get the feel of the place and then decide where to go.

Simple.
You know you really are so NEGATIVE Perhaps you just go back to SA or London ,some people here and the newbies do like to have a dream to come to .
London is for tourists to the UK or should I say ASYLUM SEEKERS AKA SPONGERS from countries afar that should not even be granted entrance .All of us here had to apply to be residents and we did it legally .Have you ever seen or heard of an "ASYLUM SEEKER BORN IN ENGLAND " apply for it here.
We all left the UK cos we know it is CRAP.Wellington is a prime place to emigrate to and there are lots of expats here to prove that.You I assume are just transient as a foriegner .Where are you from I forgot ?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:48 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
You know you really are so NEGATIVE Perhaps you just go back to SA or London ,some people here and the newbies do like to have a dream to come to .
London is for tourists to the UK or should I say ASYLUM SEEKERS AKA SPONGERS from countries afar that should not even be granted entrance .All of us here had to apply to be residents and we did it legally .Have you ever seen or heard of an "ASYLUM SEEKER BORN IN ENGLAND " apply for it here.
We all left the UK cos we know it is CRAP.Wellington is a prime place to emigrate to and there are lots of expats here to prove that.You I assume are just transient as a foriegner .Where are you from I forgot ?
Well...I better head back to South Africa!!

Any advice on which township is best? Bekkersdal? Mamelodi? Tembisa? Somewhere else I've never been to?

One man's 'asylum seeker' is another man's cheap dumb immigrant. We should all know that one.

(For people yet to come to New Zealand...the whole country stops work at 2pm on Friday to go to the pub...this post and the preceding one should be read in this light)

But let's be really clear on this....'cherry' thinks that people who come to England to work are spongers...and I (a fellow British person in NZ) am a sponging South African.......because I said Wellington city is better than upper Hutt (or something)

You couldn't make it up. You've shown your true colours 'cherry' and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by Avid; Apr 27th 2007 at 8:02 am.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:58 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

KWA ZULU NATAL near Pietermaritzburg is good I hear ,full of transient wingers (Visitors like you here .)
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by cherry
KWA ZULU NATAL near Pietermaritzburg is good I hear ,full of transient wingers (Visitors like you here .)
Well...you can pepper your messages with smiley faces but it still makes you a passive aggressive racist...

So what's the ranking on this board?

1) IT workers who came over
2) Manual workers who came over
3) Whites born here
4) Captain Cook
5) Tourists
6) The ones I never speak to

Is that it 'cherry'? I'd love to know why you think you have the power to decide who should live here and who shouldn't. I've just checked your posts. You repair trucks. Fair enough. I guess that gives you the right to decide who should live in this country.

Jesus wept.

Last edited by Avid; Apr 27th 2007 at 8:11 am.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boopy
Nina - that's the security lighting around the prison grounds.

Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Simple.
Amersham! - Old or New - my old stomping grounds - raised in The Chalfonts!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

. ....God knows what the appeal is about the Kapati Coast .....

Dirk

well , to start with theres...................................ME
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:45 am

Amersham! - Old or New - my old stomping grounds - raised in The Chalfonts!
Metroland!.......after Cherry has checked our passports looks like you'll be staying and I'll be deported to......High Wycombe.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Whatever happened to Wellington City. God knows what the appeal is about the Kapati Coast or The Hutt, though keep away from Wainui and the less I mention about Porirua the better

Dirk
Hi there, Kerry & Dirk - trouble is... when you say "Wellington City", those in the Uk think Birmingham/Manchester/Inner London - how to explain to those that haven't visited that, within minutes of the heart of the capital, you can be surfing... whale-watching.... walking/getting lost in native bush - listening to the sound of kiwis and watching glow-worms at twilight - and ordering the best coffees in the southern hemisphere or, perhaps, some of the best wines in the southern hemisphere, before being entertained by great theatre, music, dance and.......... and.........
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Metroland!.......after Cherry has checked our passports looks like you'll be staying and I'll be deported to......High Wycombe.
.... High Wycombe .... in the 70's, Tony Blackburn made BBC suicide by pronouncing it Higgy Wickcumby .... haven't been to HW for eight years, but can imagine it as the Quantanemo (spelling) Bay of SE England !

Mind you, West Wycombe had a certain 'je ne sais quoi' ... especially in the 60's
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:05 am

Mind you, West Wycombe had a certain 'je ne sais quoi' ... especially in the 60's
That would be the caves......"Is this the river Styx"? No, it's a fake stream next to two showroom dummies in 18th Century costume....

And "To the devil a daughter' was filmed there. Natasha Kinski naked in the mausoleum.........(sob)

Last edited by Avid; Apr 27th 2007 at 9:09 am.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

That would be the caves......"Is this the river Styx"? No, it's a fake stream next to two showroom dummies in 18th Century costume....
No, forget the caves, the hill above with the "golden ball" and the mausoleum.... well, maybe it was just the 60's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.