Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

DAB Digital radios

DAB Digital radios

Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Billie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant future
Default DAB Digital radios

Do they work in New Zealand? Sorry to ask but don't want to pack it and find its useless!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DAB Digital radios

No - there is no call for DAB here as there are enough analogue frequencies to go around. Radio here isn't too impressive - we listen to a lot of UK radio via the internet, with a laptop plugged into the kitchen stereo. So I'd ebay your DAB set, sorry, unless it has FM also.

Originally Posted by Billie
Do they work in New Zealand? Sorry to ask but don't want to pack it and find its useless!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:13 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
No - there is no call for DAB here as there are enough analogue frequencies to go around. Radio here isn't too impressive - we listen to a lot of UK radio via the internet, with a laptop plugged into the kitchen stereo. So I'd ebay your DAB set, sorry, unless it has FM also.
I'm always surprised by the ads on the radio here - this morning at kids to school time they were advertising a nasal spray that claimed to help men with erection problems!! Solves your up & down bedroom problems apparently. Couldn't find a good way to explain that to the 7 year old!
What on earth do you want to spray it there for anyway eh!?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biddy
I'm always surprised by the ads on the radio here - this morning at kids to school time they were advertising a nasal spray that claimed to help men with erection problems!! Solves your up & down bedroom problems apparently. Couldn't find a good way to explain that to the 7 year old!
Maybe its a Pinoccio spray for men who want to be 'real boys'
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Noel and Rachel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biddy
Okay maybe not to that extent but one of the things I love about radio in NZ is they're not afraid to say what they think, and the attitudes towards mild swearing are nicely laid back. I listened to ZM Radio over there and now online back here. On the breakfast show one guy said to a call-in guy "Under normal circumstances I'd call you a W****r"......

There was a guy did a breakfast show over here at one point fresh from NZ, he found himself in an awful lot of trouble when he applied his "NZ breakfast show experience" to the UK one...ended up getting fired IIRC.

They don't blank out half the words in the song either, they give you a choice of whether you want to listen to it, if you don't like it, switch off! How much more mature and sensible is that to the UK attitude of "Blank out any word advocating anything slightly bad", such as the word "High" in some songs!