Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crown damaged my floor - advice needed please

Crown damaged my floor - advice needed please

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Jaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant future
Default Crown damaged my floor - advice needed please

I used Crown to ship 50 boxes of my belongings from the UK to Auckland and am really not happy with the service I've had from them since the shipment arrived in August.
Firstly they managed to lose box no 50 in their warehouse (found it eventually) but most annoying thing was the damage they did to the laminate flooring in my kitchen with their trolley when making the main delivery.
I took this up with the Crown office here in Auckland and was initially told someone would come out and inspect the damage. Several weeks - and reminders later - no-one has been out and now today they have sent me an email telling me to make a claim on my own insurance!
I live in an apartment in Auckland and I think building insurance is included in the annual levy but I don't know if I can claim on that?
Has anyone else had damage done to their property during a shipping delivery and if so how did you deal with it?
I would be really grateful for any advice you could give me.

Last edited by Jaydi; Oct 3rd 2011 at 9:51 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crown damaged my floor - advice needed please

We used the moving company,,
When they delivered our fridge they tipped it the wrong way and scraped and damaged our laminated flooring in the kitchen,They also slashed our 3 piece suite when using a knife to take the paper covering off,,
We had a few heated conversations with them, We took pictures and reported their negligence to the main office,,
It took 2 months and numerous phone calls until they finally agreed to repair the damage
Beware these companies pay peanuts and use monkeys to unpack your belongings, They don t give a fig about your property !!!!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Jaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
We used the moving company,,
When they delivered our fridge they tipped it the wrong way and scraped and damaged our laminated flooring in the kitchen,They also slashed our 3 piece suite when using a knife to take the paper covering off,,
We had a few heated conversations with them, We took pictures and reported their negligence to the main office,,
It took 2 months and numerous phone calls until they finally agreed to repair the damage
Beware these companies pay peanuts and use monkeys to unpack your belongings, They don t give a fig about your property !!!!
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as well, these people just don't give a damn..
Did they tell you to claim off your own insurance or did they just deal with it themselves in the end?
Surely they must have their own insurance to cover this sort of thing?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:13 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaydi
I used Crown to ship 50 boxes of my belongings from the UK to Auckland and am really not happy with the service I've had from them since the shipment arrived in August.
Firstly they managed to lose box no 50 in their warehouse (found it eventually) but most annoying thing was the damage they did to the laminate flooring in my kitchen with their trolley when making the main delivery.
I took this up with the Crown office here in Auckland and was initially told someone would come out and inspect the damage. Several weeks - and reminders later - no-one has been out and now today they have sent me an email telling me to make a claim on my own insurance!
I live in an apartment in Auckland and I think building insurance is included in the annual levy but I don't know if I can claim on that?
Has anyone else had damage done to their property during a shipping delivery and if so how did you deal with it?
I would be really grateful for any advice you could give me.
Dont worry about it, go outside and remember it's not that important anyway...
Old Oct 6th 2011, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaydi
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as well, these people just don't give a damn..
Did they tell you to claim off your own insurance or did they just deal with it themselves in the end?
Surely they must have their own insurance to cover this sort of thing?
Yes ,,They did !!!.
But we told them no way we were going to do that,, As I said we had a few heated conversations with them and refused to pay the final payment until it was resolved, They did relent and payed in the end.
Good luck
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
Yes ,,They did !!!.
But we told them no way we were going to do that,, As I said we had a few heated conversations with them and refused to pay the final payment until it was resolved, They did relent and payed in the end.
Good luck
Thanks yjx1nt7, you've confirmed what I was thinking, that they are just trying to fob me off. I'm going to get back on to them today..