Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Filming locations around Auckland

Filming locations around Auckland

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filming locations around Auckland

I rented a movie over the weekend called Tracker, I got it as it was set in NZ and featured Ray Winstone. It didn't take me long to start recognising the locations so I went to find and photograph the locations yesterday.

These were filmed on Bethells Beach

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...uthBethels.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...mansatdown.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...helshorses.jpg

There's another beach on the movie and I'm sure it's Karekare, I'll be going there soon to check it out.

Are there any other films that were shot around Auckland?
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filming locations around Auckland

The Piano was filmed at Karekare
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

One of the narnia films opens cathedral cove on the coromandle
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:42 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of "R18" films were made in Henderson...... apparently.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Goodbye Pork Pie - so funny! Could have been anywhere in New Zealand.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Filming locations around Auckland

One of the kiwi editions of the Underbelly series recently shown on NZ telly was filmed in Campbells Bay.

As we had just moved to Campbells Bay, we saw the two days of disruption from the outside filming and expected to see our rented house when it was finally shown. However, nothing of Campbells Bay was shown just one brief scene.

Made me wonder why it took two days to achieve nothing!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I can sit on my chair in the living room and watch Go Girls being filmed One of the characters 'houses' is the one directly opposite mine in Mairangi Bay. I walk past with the kids going to school and the actors always talk to the kids, and we have watched the filming with the crew (this was only 2 weeks ago) so we have snippets of what is coming up in the next series.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Bumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really nice

Originally Posted by martyc
Goodbye Pork Pie - so funny! Could have been anywhere in New Zealand.
It was, in fact it was filmed the length of New Zealand. Classic kiwi film.:
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Wasn't "Once were Warriors" filmed mainly in Auckland?