Reload this Page >

Credit checks in NZ

Credit checks in NZ

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:46 am
Banned

ps_wardle is on a distinguished road
Default Credit checks in NZ

Dear all,
we're moving to NZ in June & wanted to ask a question. Does anybody know if they check up on your credit references in the UK from NZ when getting credit over there. We spent a year there in 2003 & got a bank account no probs despite having a less than perfect credit rating in the UK, they said it was spotless in NZ.
Am worried about it thought when getting a mortgage over there (whenever). As i say, the bank account was easy, and the overdraft, but wondered if anyone had any experience of getting mortgages there.

Any help would be great

Paul
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Credit checks in NZ

Originally Posted by ps_wardle
Dear all,
we're moving to NZ in June & wanted to ask a question. Does anybody know if they check up on your credit references in the UK from NZ when getting credit over there. We spent a year there in 2003 & got a bank account no probs despite having a less than perfect credit rating in the UK, they said it was spotless in NZ.
Am worried about it thought when getting a mortgage over there (whenever). As i say, the bank account was easy, and the overdraft, but wondered if anyone had any experience of getting mortgages there.

Any help would be great

Paul
They dont check as far as i know. If you ahve a good size deposit you will be able to get a mortgage without too much hassle. If you are planning to borrow a high percentage, I suggest setting up a savings account with regular payments into it, and show this as a proof that you are able to save when you apply. It makes it easierr for the bank to approve you if you showe proof of being able to save.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:58 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

As yet, there don't seem to be any international checks (I'm sure they'll come in due course).

You can get a mortgage quite easily if you have a good deposit, the banks usually just want to see 2 weeks' worth of pay slips.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:44 am
Banned

ps_wardle is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the replies, you've put my mind at rest a bit, we're planning on a deposit & so that should take us a good few months to save, so that should show the ability to save.

Thanks guys
Originally Posted by Don
As yet, there don't seem to be any international checks (I'm sure they'll come in due course).

You can get a mortgage quite easily if you have a good deposit, the banks usually just want to see 2 weeks' worth of pay slips.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 12:55 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ps_wardle
Dear all,

Any help would be great

Paul
Yeh I concur with the others. Credit checks don't seem to be done at present on an international scale. If in doubt, just say you always paid cash in the UK and never had credit before (only if they ask though)