Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crap driving examples

Crap driving examples

Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crap driving examples

Originally Posted by Tom1983
My finest moment of experiencing Kiwi drivers was some idiot giving me verbals when I didn't let him pass to head down Innes Road from Queen Elizabeth Drive. So at the start of Innes Road, he decided to attempt to overtake whilst it's still 80kmh and during the overtaking manouvre, gave me a load of verbals

Not realising whilst giving me aload of abuse, he didn't hear the car in front of him ahead sound the horn resulting in a head on collision. His car toppled over and went down the side of the bank near Mairehau school whilst the other car just missed me and came to a halt by the Briggs Road turn off

Well I decided to turn into Mairehau Drive and wait for the police to give evidence as to what had happened. Their words, usual idiotic driving I see. I did inform them that he was mad that I didn't let him through on QE drive so he had to use the roundabout to turn left instead of an emergency brake. No fault of mine, we were side by side when he apparently tried to indicate

For all his wrath, he's got no car now and has a huge expensive pay out to fix the car he went into (not sure if he's got insurance or not). Karma aint it a bitch sometimes

I can guess that he's one of these drivers that has never heard of parking straight.

They remind me of East London drivers do the Kiwi drivers
Plod today. No blues and 2's, no excess speed, not following another car..did it stop at the stop sign? No. What a tosser! I am sure this week some time the hypocrit will give someone a $150 ticket plus demerit points for doing the same. Tempted to call the supervisor of today's shift...would you? ( I have the index number).

Can't stand that one rule for them shite.......
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:09 am
Confused but Alive

tattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud of

Im a cyclist and I have to say I have never been more petrified cycling on the roads here than anywhere else (I once did London, on a Sat in rush hour ) The other day I was nearly taken out 3 times, once by an AA van of all vans! Second by a woman who didn't bother to look before she opened her door and secondly by a huge truck that decided to make me cycle quicker by getting so close behind me the vibrations were making me lose my balance!! I'm a pretty considerate cyclist as I drive as well but I can never turn when I want, Im being forced off roads and just generally being abused here. I thought the Kiwis were supposed to be lovely and polite but when they get behind the wheel they are worse than the turkish (not a racist remark but the turkish are bloody dangerous drivers!!
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tattoobarbie
Im a cyclist and I have to say I have never been more petrified cycling on the roads here than anywhere else (I once did London, on a Sat in rush hour ) The other day I was nearly taken out 3 times, once by an AA van of all vans! Second by a woman who didn't bother to look before she opened her door and secondly by a huge truck that decided to make me cycle quicker by getting so close behind me the vibrations were making me lose my balance!! I'm a pretty considerate cyclist as I drive as well but I can never turn when I want, Im being forced off roads and just generally being abused here. I thought the Kiwis were supposed to be lovely and polite but when they get behind the wheel they are worse than the turkish (not a racist remark but the turkish are bloody dangerous drivers!!
Welcome to New Zealand. Bought a bike 5 years ago, been on it twice. So much for the healthier lifestyle I was going to have in NZ.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:53 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Welcome to New Zealand. Bought a bike 5 years ago, been on it twice. So much for the healthier lifestyle I was going to have in NZ.
Best thing is to act like the Kiwis and ride it on the pavement and give the pedestrians some hammer

Seriously though, I would hate to think what would happen if the UK's over crowded roads were populated by drivers that act like Joe-Blow Kiwi......?

Road rage would be rampant, the motorway system would grind to a halt, no-one would be given any courtesy and if someone tried to let them out at a junction they'd spend 10 minutes wondering why.....

In short all hell would break loose.