Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

the countdown begins....

the countdown begins....

Old Apr 25th 2010, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

flibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really nice
Thumbs up the countdown begins....

Hello people!

We've got the visas and sold the house so all that remains is to move to Christchurch and live happily ever after

Well that's the theory! We are a family of four. Joanna, Mike and our 2 boys, aged 14 & 12. We are planning to travel over in September. After such a harsh winter, I'm determined to enjoy spring & summer here in blighty

We have trawled the internet ad nauseum for properties, but in truth we are unsure of the best areas to settle. We like the look of Avonside? If any of you can recommend suitable areas to base our search I would be most grateful. We have also viewed places online in Rolleston, Leeston & Little River but I am concerned that these places may be a little remote?

We would like a livelyish community with lots going on for teenagers.

Thanks for reading this. Look forward to hearing from the experts!

Joanna
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:30 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the countdown begins....

Hello,

We are also moving out in September, but we don't know where to yet. Hope things work out for you in Christchurch.

WP
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck,

we are moving sometime hopefully in next 6 months.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

flibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really nice

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Hello,

We are also moving out in September, but we don't know where to yet. Hope things work out for you in Christchurch.

WP
Hope you also end up in Christchurch! I was born in Manchester so we may have something in common. I've spent most of my adult life in the south of England (both children born in Oxford). My husband is from Jersey. Currently residing near Ramsbottom, Bury.

Nice to hear from you

Joanna x

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Good luck,

we are moving sometime hopefully in next 6 months.
Hi Perry

Are you also looking to relocate to the Christchurch area Any useful tips to report?

Keep in touch

Joanna

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 25th 2010 at 9:57 pm. Reason: merge
Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:25 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flibberty gibbet
Hello people!

We've got the visas and sold the house so all that remains is to move to Christchurch and live happily ever after

Well that's the theory! We are a family of four. Joanna, Mike and our 2 boys, aged 14 & 12. We are planning to travel over in September. After such a harsh winter, I'm determined to enjoy spring & summer here in blighty

We have trawled the internet ad nauseum for properties, but in truth we are unsure of the best areas to settle. We like the look of Avonside? If any of you can recommend suitable areas to base our search I would be most grateful. We have also viewed places online in Rolleston, Leeston & Little River but I am concerned that these places may be a little remote?

Joanna
HI & welcome lovin the name

Still in UK and prob will not end up in Chch but hi anyway & good luck with all your plans

Dewb
Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you also end up in Christchurch! I was born in Manchester so we may have something in common. I've spent most of my adult life in the south of England (both children born in Oxford). My husband is from Jersey. Currently residing near Ramsbottom, Bury.

Nice to hear from you

Joanna x

Hi Perry

Are you also looking to relocate to the Christchurch area Any useful tips to report?

Keep in touch

Joanna
Hi Joanna,

I am hoping to go to the North Island, hopefully Auckland
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:53 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hello people!

Joanna
Hi Joanna Welcome to the forum and good luck with the rest of your move to NZ. We are currently on North Island so can't help with your questions but there are quite a few lovely people in the Christchurch area that hopefully will be along to help you.
Best wishes
B x
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:12 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
HI & welcome lovin the name

Still in UK and prob will not end up in Chch but hi anyway & good luck with all your plans

Dewb

Flibberty how come you get compliments on your name and I don't?

Actually don't answer that.

We stayed in Christchurch for two nights last year while 'doing' the tranzalpine. We had a hotel room right in the central square, which was nice. Certainly would be a place I would consider living, though Wellington seems more likely for us at the moment due to family connections. I suspect there's a lot more in Christchurch than I had a chance to see.

WP
Old Apr 26th 2010, 3:09 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Flibberty how come you get compliments on your name and I don't?

WP
Yours is just as lovely too

Dewb
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently staying with a friend in Bracknell (UK) moving to Tauranga at end of July!!!
Kate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to allKate Rayner is a name known to all

Hello,
Welcome I'm moving to Tauranga - flight booked -28th of July Have only spent one night in Christchurch, on a whistle stop tour of South Island, so not much help here.

Hope all goes well with the move.

Kate x
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

new life is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi flibberty

Aha my master detective skills have identified you as my friend from down the road!! You made it on here at last!! Try posting a request re houses in Christchurch in the main forum you may get more detailed replies there.

New Life aka cathy

your user name is cool ... want to change mine now!!!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by new life
Hi flibberty

Aha my master detective skills have identified you as my friend from down the road!! You made it on here at last!! Try posting a request re houses in Christchurch in the main forum you may get more detailed replies there.

New Life aka cathy

your user name is cool ... want to change mine now!!!!!!!
You may change your username if you wish. Just let me or admin know what you want to change it to , via PM & then keep this lot guessing.....
Old Apr 27th 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: the countdown begins....

Thanks so much for the warm welcome folks. Much appreciated

Think I'll try the main forum (whatever that means ) to try and get some specific help on settling in Chch.

FG
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

I am feeling all the lovely north western England love - welcome to you - lots of lovely people on here and support -hope all goes well.