Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cost of rotivators

Cost of rotivators

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:37 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Cost of rotivators

Recent responses to our thread "supermarket sweep" set us thinking - if we were to get a large veggie patch how much do rotivators cost in NZ? Is it worth buying one in the UK and bringing with us?

Any NZ website links appreciated!

Cheers!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of rotivators

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Recent responses to our thread "supermarket sweep" set us thinking - if we were to get a large veggie patch how much do rotivators cost in NZ? Is it worth buying one in the UK and bringing with us?

Cheers!
What's a rotivator?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers!
I think most people would hire one for the day rather than buy one? Depends on how big you want your vegie patch to be?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:56 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Will need to be really big in light of comments about NZ veggies for sale. Especialy if I am to supply Pac n Starve not the export market....
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Apple12
I think most people would hire one for the day rather than buy one? Depends on how big you want your vegie patch to be?
Ah, thanks Apple12 (not that you'll see me thanking you but someone else might tell you), I'm guessing a rotivator is something you dig with...?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Will need to be really big in light of comments about NZ veggies for sale. Especialy if I am to supply Pac n Starve not the export market....
On the assumption that you are not just taking the p...

You can buy vegies for sale from markets, greengrocers, roadside stalls as well as growing your own.

There is no shortage of good quality fruit and vegies.

You might need to find something else to worry about.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:07 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't believe all you read about veggies here. I have absolutely no problem getting good quality inexpensive veggies at all.

Having said that I have just finished digging a 10ft x 6ft veggie patch - no rotavator needed as we're on top of a big sand dune!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:09 pm
Top Dog

I'm not worrying - seems everyone else is in NZ (see thread " supermarket sweep").

Could sense a bit of an opportunity alongside a degree of self-sufficiency!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Biddy
Don't believe all you read about veggies here.
I'm sure the people who have written things about veg are not lying! By the same token, I'm sure some people find them fine.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:12 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
I'm sure the people who have written things about veg are not lying! By the same token, I'm sure some people find them fine.
I'm sure they're not lying but perhaps need to look a little further than the local supermarket.

I have also found there are plenty of people who concentrate on negatives a lot more than positives
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:14 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I just missed a rotivator at a garage sale .. it sold for $25 it was old but still worked. Best to look out for a second hand one cos anything you buy new here usually breaks down anyways
We're on the lookout for a cheap chipper and a cement mixer at the mo and both will be good make second hand ones rather than new no known brand names.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Biddy
I'm sure they're not lying but perhaps need to look a little further than the local supermarket.

I have also found there are plenty of people who concentrate on negatives a lot more than positives
But the thread with veg was about supermarkets.

re. the neg and pos - some people have experienced more neg than pos. Not that's that necessarily a neg thing, they can use it to make pos somewhere else!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:16 pm
Top Dog

chipper?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sky
I just missed a rotivator at a garage sale .. it sold for $25 it was old but still worked. Best to look out for a second hand one cos anything you buy new here usually breaks down anyways
We're on the lookout for a cheap chipper and a cement mixer at the mo and both will be good make second hand ones rather than new no known brand names.
sky, is a rotivator a digging thing?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mazi
sky, is a rotivator a digging thing?
I dont know much about this sort of thing but I think sky might have gone, so I'll answer anyway! I think it kind of turns over the top of the soil, pulls out weeds and stuff. Or is that a combine harvester? Just kidding...
The most adventurous I'm getting is to grow some herbs in pots, borrowed a little book from my neighbour about it.

Last edited by Jude J; Jan 23rd 2007 at 9:37 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.