Coronavirus

Old Apr 17th 2020, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Seems like a large chunk of NZ is planning to bake their way out of this 1.5 Million extra kilos of flour - I guess everyone must be cheating on their keto and bad carbs don't count in a crisis. Maybe cauliflower bread was found to be lacking a certain something and not all it's cracked up to be after all. LOL
Old Apr 17th 2020, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
If anything like the night before lockdown it will be mental - stunned actually to hear the Burger King went into the Receivership but maybe they're not quite as popular as KFC and Maccy Ds seem to be.
Think KFC is the most popular. Always busy.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a large chunk of NZ is planning to bake their way out of this 1.5 Million extra kilos of flour - I guess everyone must be cheating on their keto and bad carbs don't count in a crisis. Maybe cauliflower bread was found to be lacking a certain something and not all it's cracked up to be after all. LOL
Haha
I noticed that when I was going round supermarkets. Never any flour so I looked into why.
Then Reckon they have heaps of flour cause all the bakers are closed.
It's the 1kg paper packaging they have a massive shortage on.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Haha
I noticed that when I was going round supermarkets. Never any flour so I looked into why.
Then Reckon they have heaps of flour cause all the bakers are closed.
It's the 1kg paper packaging they have a massive shortage on.
Yeah I read that too, lots of places are selling 25kg sacks and some supermarkets have been repackaging flour from their own bakeries into smaller size plastic bags. Having had an attack of the pantry weevils and moths in recent years, it is not something I ever want to repeat, so I would rather go without than have the worry of storing a large sack of flour.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 1:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Think KFC is the most popular. Always busy.
Yuk!

I have precisely one bag of plain and self raising. MrBEVS likes his puds. Haven't been able to get baking powder though & I ran out before lock down.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 1:20 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

What's going on? No daily update on RNZ so I went to the MoH website and that's offline.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Surely Dr Ashley and Jacinda not having another day off. The MoH website is back up with 8 Confirmed cases and no deaths in past 24 hours.

I heard there's another Auckland rest home that's been emptied out and residents taken to hospital, so we may see a few more deaths next few days.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For anyone else suffering withdrawal due to lack of 1pm update today Jason (AKA Justin) Wall on Twitter.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Apr 18th 2020 at 9:24 am.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 10:33 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Tough for the government to approve level 3+ when there are still new cases appearing. As the infected bloke wandering the supermarket in Timaru shows our unmonitored quarantine procedures are very high risk.

If they don't get consecutive clear days I think they kick the can down the road a week or two. They'd be a laughing stock if cases ticked up again.

Old Apr 19th 2020, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

What are the chances New Zealand going into level 3 this week? Lets say that it did then lock-down wouldn't end until 11:59pm on Wednesday making Thursday the day most people return to world. Having only 2 days of a work week seems a bit pointless especially if having a few more days off to bring the cases down would be beneficial, also next weekend is a long weekend as we are off Monday so it seems pointless dropping to level 3 this week. Looking at countries who opened up getting hit with a second wave wouldn't opening up with hundreds of cases just end up causing us to go back into lock-down in the long run. New Zealand is in a better position to save lives and it's economy than other nations but opening up next week would squander that i feel. We still have 500 active cases in the country. Over five times more than what caused us to lock-down the first time
Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
What are the chances New Zealand going into level 3 this week? Lets say that it did then lock-down wouldn't end until 11:59pm on Wednesday making Thursday the day most people return to world. Having only 2 days of a work week seems a bit pointless especially if having a few more days off to bring the cases down would be beneficial, also next weekend is a long weekend as we are off Monday so it seems pointless dropping to level 3 this week. Looking at countries who opened up getting hit with a second wave wouldn't opening up with hundreds of cases just end up causing us to go back into lock-down in the long run. New Zealand is in a better position to save lives and it's economy than other nations but opening up next week would squander that i feel. We still have 500 active cases in the country. Over five times more than what caused us to lock-down the first time
NZ's proposed new level 3 is more restrictive than many's lockdown, still the only shops open will be the supermarkets, but it will at least see as possible a return to work for some 1/2 million kiwis, if able to work in a safe working environment, with appropriate social disantancing. Short week or not, I don't see any reason not to.
With leisure the same restrictions are mainly in place as in lockdown, except for allowing a few more solo leisure activities with again limited soccial interaction.

Already there will be a number of businesses that will never open again, even 2 more uncessary weeks of the same level 4 lockdown, inflates that number.

Unlike 4 weeks ago, the borders are totally shut, and will remain so, so not the same chance of continuing to import the same number of new imported cases.

It seems the aims and criteria over the lockdwon revision have changed from 4, 5 and 6 weeks ago, when it was about flattning the curve, now it's elmination, which is unlikely to be totally possible. Moving to new level 3, level 4 lite, seems only sensible.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't think we'll notice much change at the new Level 3, I was kind of hopeful that we might have a bit more freedom over the long weekend but Jacinda already said the expectation is still to 'stay the F at home' so not getting too excited and expecting more like level 3.9 with just a few more options for online shopping, food deliveries and drive-throughs will be open. We are still supposed to be working from home where possible and only back at work if safe to do so safely with social distancing. Some schools likely to open to allow parents to get back to work if they are needed but I expect take up of that might be pretty low.
Old Apr 19th 2020, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

I think it will go to level 3 on Thursday.
Hopefully now the borders are closed and there is proper quarantine for returning kiwis it will keep it under control.
The numbers have been low for a week now mostly in single digits.
It's working pretty well in OZ and there lockdown is similar to our level 3. So hopefully we can get back to work and get the economy up in running and keep on top of this virus.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
NZ's proposed new level 3 is more restrictive than many's lockdown, still the only shops open will be the supermarkets, but it will at least see as possible a return to work for some 1/2 million kiwis, if able to work in a safe working environment, with appropriate social disantancing. Short week or not, I don't see any reason not to.
With leisure the same restrictions are mainly in place as in lockdown, except for allowing a few more solo leisure activities with again limited soccial interaction.

Already there will be a number of businesses that will never open again, even 2 more uncessary weeks of the same level 4 lockdown, inflates that number.

Unlike 4 weeks ago, the borders are totally shut, and will remain so, so not the same chance of continuing to import the same number of new imported cases.

It seems the aims and criteria over the lockdwon revision have changed from 4, 5 and 6 weeks ago, when it was about flattning the curve, now it's elmination, which is unlikely to be totally possible. Moving to new level 3, level 4 lite, seems only sensible.
I feel it is naive if people think after 4 weeks of lockdown that most others are going to stay inside of their own bubble other than work. What people can do they will do. Takeaways will be packed, people will be travelling to each others homes to socialize, beaches, parks etc. Level 3 didn't work in Ireland and the UK and i fear if we go into it too early all that will happen is soon we will go back into lockdown. Seems pointless, we still have 500 active cases, way more than when we started our lockdown, elimination is possible yes but keep doing what we are doing. We would be mad to change that now. We will end up the laughing stock of the world if we open up to level 3 and cases rise again
Old Apr 20th 2020, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't think we'll notice much change at the new Level 3, I was kind of hopeful that we might have a bit more freedom over the long weekend but Jacinda already said the expectation is still to 'stay the F at home' so not getting too excited and expecting more like level 3.9 with just a few more options for online shopping, food deliveries and drive-throughs will be open. We are still supposed to be working from home where possible and only back at work if safe to do so safely with social distancing. Some schools likely to open to allow parents to get back to work if they are needed but I expect take up of that might be pretty low.
Trust me there will be a change, after a 4 week lockdown what people can do they will do, also the psychological effect of bringing it down a level will allow people to bend the rules a bit as they start to feel relaxed. I assure you many house parties are already being planned lol

Last edited by paddy234; Apr 20th 2020 at 1:31 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.