Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?

Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?

Hi all,

Me, the wife and kids are off in a campervan for a week up the Coromandel. Advice please from anyone who has been as to where to see / stay. Thanks in advance.
Ash
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?

Coromandel Town - we stayed at www.anchorlodgecoromandel.co.nz. The tourist attractions are : Driving Creek railway and Waiau waterworks
Cathedral Cove is a must at Hahei.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:28 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi ash

have been up to Hot water beach today, 2nd visit for us, as it really is a beautiful beach, would be lots of places to stay around there.
Also popped into a stunning hideaway beach on way home, you have to walk through a pine forest for 700m, to get to it, but there was a camp site in the woods, that you access further up the road from the main beach car park. Will get name and web address and post on for you.
The scenery is all stunning up there, takes us ages to get around as always stopping to take pics.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:04 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Cathedral cove and stingray bay, both on the same walk - absolutely stunning.It's a wee bit of a treck, but the views are worth it.

Also there is a wee train that was all built by one man, I forget the name! but it's great, it goes right up into the bush.

Just drive around, there is some of the most beautiful scenery, ever.

ETA sorry luvwelly I pretty much said the same as you

Last edited by pixi-dust; Mar 21st 2008 at 8:06 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi all,

Me, the wife and kids are off in a campervan for a week up the Coromandel. Advice please from anyone who has been as to where to see / stay. Thanks in advance.
Ash
You can read about our travels on here and it includes the Coromandel:-

http://web.mac.com/idparkinson/NZ200...Our_Story.html
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:03 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

The name of the lovely little sleepy place is Opoutere, the campsite web address is www.opouterebeach.co.nz

In the carpark where we parked its beside tidal flats and the pine forest, the sound of birds there was beautiful, thats all you could hear, and the ocean through the forest. Perfect.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks guys,

we go during the second easter break so all this has been very helpful. Just come back from Rotorua and a night on the Lakeland Queen which I can highly recomend. They are doing an Easter special of kids eat free with every full paying adult. Good value.
Thanks again
Ash
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to attach some photos but don't think it has worked
Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-coromandel-1.jpg
Coromandel

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-barry-bricknell-railway-1.jpg
Barry Bricknell Railway

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-barry-bricknell-railway.jpg
Barry Bricknell Railway

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Mar 23rd 2008 at 7:27 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I have managed to do it!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I have got the hang of this now!!!

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-coromandel-4.jpg
Coromandel

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-coromandel-3.jpg
Coromandel

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-coromandel-2.jpg
Coromandel

Coromandel Peninsula. Places to see?-auckland.jpg

Let me know if you would like to see more I've got plenty
Auckland

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Mar 23rd 2008 at 7:28 pm.