Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

container has arrived...

container has arrived...

Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default container has arrived...

but unfortunatley its NOT OURS!!
can you believe it??
how can you cock that up??? surely thats the one main check you do before the container sets off!!
GRRRR!!!
jax
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:56 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: container has arrived...

oohh.. that ain't good .. did the stuff get delivered to you before it was realised ? Who were your shipping agents .. and probably more importantly do they know where your stuff is ??? the worlds a big place if it got put on the wrong ship originally
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: container has arrived...

they boys arrived before the container. and when the Gaffa checked the container it was the wrong number. many apologies were given,and off the driver went to collect the correct one. 45 mins later we were back in business. very slick operation. 6 guys trundling stuff out and me ticking it off.

we were with PIckfords, though this was the fault at the port/driver of the truck!
MAF has just done thier inspection and given us a clean bill. they were happy to get a "good one" as theyd had a "few crappy ones today"

phew! luxury now of having more than 1 cup, plate and cutlery each!! and we'll sleep in our own bed tonight!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:34 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

phew ... alls well that ends well ... you've heard it before but I bet its like Xmas for you today .. nice one
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: container has arrived...

Will it not bother you now that you didn’t see what was in the other container first? Bet it was a shipment of Italian designer furniture and shoes....
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Will it not bother you now that you didn’t see what was in the other container first? Bet it was a shipment of Italian designer furniture and shoes....
well it didnt ...until now !!!

Last edited by MattandJax; Jul 15th 2010 at 3:54 am.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Karma worthy for making me smile!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:48 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to send the container back or can you cut some holes, install windows and a stove........ Just like some of the railway coaches that were bought and converted that I used to see in South Wales as a lad.......a few years ago!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:59 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattandJax
we'll sleep in our own bed tonight!!
You won't believe how good that will feel!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Its such a great feeling to have all your own stuff around you......it really feels like home

Enjoy
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Bless you !

I feel for you ... my packers turned up with the wrong stickers and made lots of angry phone calls to their office... I was quite concerned that the mistake would stay with my stuff.... and the other sticker was sending my stuff to australia. I was lucky and when my container arrived, it really was mine!

congratulations on geting your stuff back. What a comfort it is!

best of luck

Jacqui
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mmm its bliss,,, and slightly weird to see all your old familiar stuff here with you on the other side of the world!..
well let me tell you... this morning i sat in our lovely bed, with amazingly warm duvet and pretty linen, propped up with gazillions of pillows, drinking a nice cuppa of PG tips in my pint sized mug. outside the Tui were singing, and the early morning sky was tinged crimson and gold....
Man! does it get any better???
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

My container landed on June the 28th.........................i still haven't even sniffed my stuff.............
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by witty
My container landed on June the 28th.........................i still haven't even sniffed my stuff.............
aw! whats happened? or is it just in storage?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

To be honest I have no idea, evidently it's on Immigrations list but they were supposed to of gone through it on Monday. New Zealand Van Lines are not great at communication. Ill ring them (again) and see if I can find out what the hell is happening!!