Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

container advice anyone?

container advice anyone?

Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: container advice anyone?

Get a quote that includes door to door. When the container is closer to arrival they will contact you and ask for a delivery address. You will need space for the vehicle outside - 9metres or theresbouts
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kazandav
I drink decaf tea, I dont mind which one as long as its a brand like tetley, typhoo, pg. Can I get decaf there? Sorry for the stupid questions, when I asked our friends a question once (fooferfish), he replied that it wasn't a third world country lol.
We buy pg tips here and it is about the same price as the others, just under $4 for 100
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by M_and_M
You will need space for the vehicle outside - 9metres or theresbouts
We didn't have any space near our house as we lived on a country lane. So they parked the container about 1 mile away, packed everything then did 3 smaller van loads to the container.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
We didn't have any space near our house as we lived on a country lane. So they parked the container about 1 mile away, packed everything then did 3 smaller van loads to the container.
Ah ok! We have the 9 metre space so I didn't have to ask for an alternative
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

they should take the space outside into consideration. One firm wouldn't even contemplate trying to load at my residential street and said they would load their vans and then transport to their depot and load from there. Wasn't happy with that as more likely to get broken, mislaid etc. lucky enough who we choose did a sterling job and we just closed the road off for 5mins whilst they got the car on it. naughty but effective
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Yes we are the same regarding space as we live in a semi rural area with a narrow road. They said they will load things into vans and then load onto the container at the depot.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Oops, just seen your post Mrs Fychan, bet you think I'm copying you! I was a bit concerned also because as you say, more possibility of damage when they keep moving things, glad yours was ok. Thanks for all the answers everyone. Can I get decaf tea bags there?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lol this is New Zealand not the moon
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:03 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, just seen your post Mrs Fychan, bet you think I'm copying you! I was a bit concerned also because as you say, more possibility of damage when they keep moving things, glad yours was ok. Thanks for all the answers everyone. Can I get decaf tea bags there?
I'll have a look, I'm just about to go grocery shopping.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:04 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_and_M
Lol this is New Zealand not the moon
You sure ? Some people think it is ! (No, that wasn't a dig at kazandav or anyone else with a packing container question)
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
You sure ? Some people think it is ! (No, that wasn't a dig at kazandav or anyone else with a packing container question)
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks snapshot, would appreciate that. Can I be cheeky and ask you to see if they have ecover laundry liquid, its the only one my son can use. Good news is I've only got till mid September to mither you all !
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Bring some car windscreen de icer, I remember buying the stuff for a quid in the UK, I've just seen some for sale for $20.

You could bring me a cooker hood over too! They're a fraction of the cost in the UK.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks snapshot, would appreciate that. Can I be cheeky and ask you to see if they have ecover laundry liquid, its the only one my son can use. Good news is I've only got till mid September to mither you all !
you could look on countdown and new world web sites for goods like that
Old Jul 19th 2013, 2:25 am

You mean you'll stop contributing to the comments when you arrive in NZ ? Really ?

Anyway. Good news. There's decaffeinated tea. 'Bell' is a popular brand of tea here in New Zealand and they have it in their range. Bell tea is ok, I'll drink it at push. I like my tea so weak it's virtually a fortnight anyway.

I'll look for Ecover products next time I'm in a supermarket. Anyway, as Mrs Fychan has given you the names of some NZ supermarkets you can look them up on line and go goggle eyed at the prices of groceries here !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.