Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Coming over next week

Coming over next week

Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:09 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Coming over next week

Originally Posted by daveandsarah
we are eventually coming over for a look see next week !! Actually our honeymoon.
Quite excited now
Congratulations!!! you'll have a fantastic time and will fall in love with NZ. we did when we went to the north island two years ago.

we're going on a recce trip (for 4 days!!!) to Christchurch a week after you

Enjoy your trip! those campervans are great fun

xx
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ok. Bump guys.

Been waiting for an update from you .

How'd it go?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:02 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ok. Bump guys.

Been waiting for an update from you .

How'd it go?
our trip was fanatstic - four days of scenic overload!
i fell in love with christchurch for its quaintness, lack of crowds, easy peasy traffic, laid back feeling and small size. the beaches are lovely and we saw many people walking their dogs, which makes me happy cos we have two whippets.

what we saw of selwyn was just awesome! love the views, mountains, rivers, lakes, ruralness, friendly people, small 'villages' like darfield, springfield and methven, and ashburton was great too.

we can easily see ourselves living there.

BUT we still have concerns over the financial implications of relocating. Job/career opportunities for my other half are not fantastic (particularly at the moment) and even assuming he lands a reasonably good job it would still mean taking a huge salary cut.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

banjax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
our trip was fanatstic - four days of scenic overload!
i fell in love with christchurch for its quaintness, lack of crowds, easy peasy traffic, laid back feeling and small size. the beaches are lovely and we saw many people walking their dogs, which makes me happy cos we have two whippets.

what we saw of selwyn was just awesome! love the views, mountains, rivers, lakes, ruralness, friendly people, small 'villages' like darfield, springfield and methven, and ashburton was great too.

we can easily see ourselves living there.

BUT we still have concerns over the financial implications of relocating. Job/career opportunities for my other half are not fantastic (particularly at the moment) and even assuming he lands a reasonably good job it would still mean taking a huge salary cut.
Coming over next week ourselves. Just wondering what clothes we should pack? I mean it it long or short T-shirts and trousers weather?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:32 pm
happy daisy

Originally Posted by banjax
Coming over next week ourselves. Just wondering what clothes we should pack? I mean it it long or short T-shirts and trousers weather?
to be honest, you could have very varied weather. we took some long sleeves and t-shirts, trousers and shorts, a hoodie or two and a water/wind proof shell jacket. layers are best. it sounds like a lot of stuff but we actually had very litte luggage

enjoy your trip!!