coldplay

Old May 13th 2012, 6:48 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: coldplay

Originally Posted by love30stm
I wish more bands would gig In wellington you wouldn't think it was the capital
+1
Old May 13th 2012, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel but I am so looking forward to the support band the Pierces they are excellant
Old May 13th 2012, 9:06 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
+1
I would go to more concerts if they were closer like Wellington, Auckland such a long drive about 5 hours plus one way! so have to pay out for accomodation and days off work, did it once in one day to the BDO never again
Old May 13th 2012, 9:07 pm

Anywhere out of Invercargill would be an adventure
Old May 14th 2012, 12:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DandJMay
If any band we remotely like plays in NZ, we will always try and get tickets. Really miss going to gigs, doubt our fave bands will ever come this way
Mate. Nothing comes to Nelson either & the one venue we have is rubbish.
Old May 14th 2012, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Ping Pong Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we landed in Papamoa from NW UK last weekend but are now en route to Auckland to see Frank Turner tomorrow night. Never heard of him till last summer but caught him at several festivals and now big fans. Bought our tickets for tomorrow whilst still in the UK, and before buying our flight tickets, which was a bit surreal!
Old May 14th 2012, 1:50 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs, it's hard enough to get bands to come to NZ, but Nelson, woman you really would be pushing water uphill on that one

I'm astonished at how many pom's think Auckland is the capital and don't even know which Island Wellywood is in!
Old May 14th 2012, 2:33 am

Bevs, it's hard enough to get bands to come to NZ, but Nelson, woman you really would be pushing water uphill on that one

I'm astonished at how many pom's think Auckland is the capital and don't even know which Island Wellywood is in!
If decent bands come they usually go to Auckland and not often Wellington which is only a couple of hours drive away from us and in my opinion a better city! and yes sparkie Agree about poms not knowing its the capital.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:45 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Whos your favorite band? And I wish more bands would gig In wellington you wouldn't think it was the capital
Mmm favourite band, kind of a hard one to answer really, I would say that would have to be Athlete, lost count the amount of times we have seen them, we had one of their songs playing as I walked into our wedding. Good times

Till the day I depart this world I will always have a love affair with Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Creed. I so wanted to like Radio Head, but I can't, I like Creep, but that’s about it really.

I also listen to Snow Patrol and Keane, (before Chasing Cars and Somewhere Only We Know - I would like to add), Razorlight, Florence and the Machine, James (if anyone remembers them!!). The amazing Kings of Leon (again before they were "famous"). Very partial to a bit of the Doors, Mr Hendrix and the almightily Mr Marley.

I also really enjoy finding new bands, Ben's Brother (they were a support act for Jools Holland concert we went to), Stony (support act for Athlete), Rhys Morgan (support act for Ben's Brother) and Hurts (I think they were a support act for Coldplay), all brilliant and all will never tour over here, ho-hum, I will just have the memory that I SAW THEM LIVE YIPPEE.

Other little delights on my Ipod are A-Ha (amazing live - I screamed like a teenager all the way through the concerts), David Gray, The House of Love, a good old band from my yooth, Kaiser Chiefs, the lovely Lenny Kravitz, Scissors Sisters and The Killers - to name but a drop in the ocean.

Just after Amy Winehouse died I remember you (love30stm) posting about her death, this created a whole mess of opinions etc. The girl died, which is very sad, however, the thread got a bit nasty so I backed out. It’s a shame she died, I thought she had a real talent. IN MY OPINION if she stands the test of time, she deserves her place in the Forever 27 club - personally I don't think it is up to this generation to decide that.

I do hear what people say about Coldplay, is Chris Martin miserable?? Don’t know, don't know the bloke, all I can I say is when we saw them live in the o2, they rocked my world. We spent a STUPID amount of money on tickets, three days later Chris Martin walked out of a BBC radio 2 interview cos he "wasn't having a good time" Darren and I just looked at each other and thought bugger!!

Anyway we went to the gig, the London o2 was PACKED, Coldplay came on, his words were " I am here for a good time, you are here for a good time, lets do this" (getting shivers just thinking about it) and then they played. As far as I could see not a single person wasn't up and singing their hearts out. When the guy is doing his day job, he is blooming amazing. At the end of the concert, thousands and thousands of people where still in the o2 singing, people were singing walking out, walking to the train station singing and still singing on the train.

I have no interest in celebrity culture, if I like the music I like it, what they wear, who they go with, not interested in the slightest. But if my hubby was the male equivalent of Mrs Chris Martin, I wouldn't complain :-)

Sorry love30stm, a bigger answer then you expected no doubt (oh quite like Gwen Stefani too)
Old May 14th 2012, 5:48 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere out of Invercargill would be an adventure
Oi oi oi, don't knock invers till you tried it
Old May 14th 2012, 5:50 am
Account Closed

And I wish more bands would gig In wellington you wouldn't think it was the capital
+2
Old May 14th 2012, 5:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
Mate. Nothing comes to Nelson either & the one venue we have is rubbish.
Sometimes I would settle to watch a tap dancing tuneless donkey, but even they don't come to this part of NZ often!!!

And no replies about the inhabitants of Invers please
Old May 16th 2012, 6:48 am
Who loves you, baby?

Whos your favorite band? And I wish more bands would gig In wellington you wouldn't think it was the capital
What with this post and the one on Madge, I'm also wondering what the viewers and contributors to BE like, (or even hate).

According to ipod number one I have 5954 songs on it and ipod number 2 has 3791 - itunes tells if if i listened non stop starting at No.1 and actually got to the end it would take me 36 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes and 51 seconds
So picking my favourite would be hard (but I'll have a think)
Old May 17th 2012, 6:39 am
Account Closed

HAVE MY TICKETS

Now how many days do I have to wait??
Old May 17th 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Ping Pong Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tickets too! Yayyy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.