Cleaning business

Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cleaning business

Originally Posted by BEVS
Can I just say that I have found window cleaners to be a bit on the scarce side.

A random comment I know.
As hens teeth.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

I currently run a cleaning business with Jasonsouthyorks OH and it takes a long time to build up a clientele list, i wouldnt advise anyone to bank on a wage from this time of business for a fair while. My advice would be approach the rental agents as that is where we get most of our business from. Also Approach the Removal guys in your area.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:30 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
As hens teeth.
You're spot on - we've been waiting a year to get a window cleaner's flyer through the letter box, and nothing so far. We can hardly see out of the damn things - I may even have to clean them myself. (collective gasp of shock and horror!)

Re cleaning, I think that the 2 good points made so far are: Quality and Market. You will need a point of difference to all the 'clean your house for $10' flyers up on the supermarket boards, and then once you get a good client, incentivise them to refer you on to their friends as 90% of business here is through personal networks and who you know.

Ultimately, in my experience NZ loves a tryer, and if you have a half ounce of business sense then you'll do well here. Just give yourself a good long time to get established, as getting trust, and then business from that, will take up to 12 months if not longer. Good luck!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

I think there is definitely potential here in NZ. I operate as a sole trader and clean new houses for a local building company. If you move to an area with lots of development you could be on to a good thing.

I have a couple of regular clients and do a new house every 2/3 weeks. Which suits me as I work on my own and I can fit it around school hours. Personal recommendation goes a long way here, as does a hard working ethic and quality outcome.!!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:24 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Have taken on board all thats been said.

I totally agree that it takes time to build up a good reputation, and word of mouth is everything so I know it won't happen over night.

I do also treat it as an income to top up the main OH's one, so he can't give up the day job ever He don't mind

It took me well over a year here to get on the runway but my ethics are that we pay attention to detail, listen to the customers, they are ALWAYS right and charge a fair price.
I generally go the extra mile with most of my customers and I look after my staff as I am nothing without them.

If all this trying works for me over there it will be nothing new to me.

Just got to get my head around seeming confident when I will be a wreck, starting over and all that, new place, new faces and new areas to get used to.

Have checked out the minimum wage and it seems that policys are the same over there to here.

One thing that always worries me is health and safety and I know the UK are hot on it and you have to have Public Liability. I would assume its the same over there.

All my girls are self employed but you still have to have it.

Thanx loads