Cleaning business

Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:26 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about
Smile Cleaning business

Reading alot about how New Zealanders are mostly thrifty and make do and mend, does anyone think there would be a need for a cleaning business out there.

I do realise that this is a VERY open question as we will not know where in nz we will end up yet. Will be moving on OH skills, not mine, but I do run a small business now in UK with afew staff and would like to get set up again at some point over there. We do house cleaning mostly and ironing.

Would any of yous ever want this service and be willing to pay for it or know others that just can't get the staff?!!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cleaning business

Originally Posted by gags
Reading alot about how New Zealanders are mostly thrifty and make do and mend, does anyone think there would be a need for a cleaning business out there.

I do realise that this is a VERY open question as we will not know where in nz we will end up yet. Will be moving on OH skills, not mine, but I do run a small business now in UK with afew staff and would like to get set up again at some point over there. We do house cleaning mostly and ironing.

Would any of yous ever want this service and be willing to pay for it or know others that just can't get the staff?!!
hi cant see why not , when we were there my wife started ironing for people $20 per laundry basket, we had three people that came back every week it was mainly men's shirts, but they kept trying to get more and more in basket
there would, be avg of 20 shirts for $20 and they thought they were still being ripped off, good luck
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:11 pm

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by concretepump
hi cant see why not , when we were there my wife started ironing for people $20 per laundry basket, we had three people that came back every week it was mainly men's shirts, but they kept trying to get more and more in basket
there would, be avg of 20 shirts for $20 and they thought they were still being ripped off, good luck
Don't be telling me most are tight!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

smudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, they have made tightness into an art form over here.....
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Don't be telling me most are tight!
put it this way, kiwis like a bargain, remember working with a Maori hes a smashing bloke, opened the paper one day and said so &so are having 25% off there rugs, so asked him what does he want a rug for, i don't but there's 25% off,

there is a lot of new houses to be cleaned and you would probably pick up some ironing work
Old Feb 13th 2010, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

about 20 yrs ago i stayed with a lady who had her own wee cleaning business,it seemed pretty common then so i'm sure there are plenty of people at it.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

The first time I used someone was when we were moving out of a rental.
Such a great idea as gave us more time to organise the new one.

I now am hooked and pay for someone to come in once a fortnight.
I could be tempted by ironing too.
There must be lots of mes...full time working mums who figure that there's no point working full time if you can't buy luxuries!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by pricklykina
The first time I used someone was when we were moving out of a rental.
Such a great idea as gave us more time to organise the new one.

I now am hooked and pay for someone to come in once a fortnight.
I could be tempted by ironing too.
There must be lots of mes...full time working mums who figure that there's no point working full time if you can't buy luxuries!
That sounds encouraging. I sure do hope there are alot more people who think the way you do. When I started the business here, I started doing it all myself but worked so hard I ended up having an operation having a piece of bone removed from my arm caused by repetitive stress, so decided to employ others to do the work. Don't know how it works over there, but would like to employ people straight away. Will have to look into that one.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of landlords require that houses be professionally cleaned when vacated as part of the rental contract.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:40 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cleaning business

This thing about New Zealanders being tight isn’t true either, considering their incomes they spend quite liberally.

Taken from the Nation masters website:
Income per capita UK: $24,486.
Income per capital NZ: $12,639.

People just don’t have the level of disposable income that most Europeans or North Americans enjoy .

Last edited by Charismatic; Feb 13th 2010 at 10:46 pm. Reason: * Thats US dollars of course.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

I will be getting a cleaner for sure, this house is huge and i started back at work this week and also college on the 22nd so once we have more cash ( i.e every cent is going on things for this house right now) i will be looking for one, a lady i work with has one and i know a girl who cleans houses so there is def a market for it.

I would love someone even to just come in once a week to do all the floors and bathrooms (3 plus a wc) i could manage the rest np
Old Feb 14th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

yes there is a need for it; and there are a number of companies offering the service. i think molly maids is one?

google is your friend if you want to check out the competition!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:02 pm

This is all great news as we will need all the money we can get aswell, obviously as OH earnings will drop. Must be mad, but worth it I hope. I have built up quite a good little business here with loyal workers and great customers and it will be hard to just let it all go but I am looking at it as a learning curve for me and will just gradually build it up again over there. I hope to be alittle wiser and I'm sure all customers are the same? Can't wait to get started and I know we will be so BROKE at first aswell. As soon as we know where we will settle I am going to tell you all and start gathering up my first customers hopefully. Thanx u all
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

This is all great news as we will need all the money we can get aswell, obviously as OH earnings will drop. Must be mad, but worth it I hope. I have built up quite a good little business here with loyal workers and great customers and it will be hard to just let it all go but I am looking at it as a learning curve for me and will just gradually build it up again over there. I hope to be alittle wiser and I'm sure all customers are the same? Can't wait to get started and I know we will be so BROKE at first aswell. As soon as we know where we will settle I am going to tell you all and start gathering up my first customers hopefully. Thanx u all
I have much experience of cleaning in the UK and NZ. There Is a need for it and most of the cleaners in my town from what I can glean are crap. I was extraordinairily fastidious and moved furniture etc 9most vacuum round toys left on the floor) and did a good job. This was HUGELY appreciate by my customers.

You should look at a variety of options and include carpet/soft furnishings cleaning, car valeting, gardening and general basic maintenance. What I would say is though you will only be as good as your workers are. For that reason I always worked alone and worked with a 100% moneyback guarantee. In a decade only 1 person ever asked for a refund!

Alas as a house husband all my time is taken raising the family and keeping on top of my duties. If you have excellent attention to detail you will make a mint. Good luck.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Can I just say that I have found window cleaners to be a bit on the scarce side.

A random comment I know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.