Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Setting up your own coffee shop business

Setting up your own coffee shop business

Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road
Default Setting up your own coffee shop business

We are hopeing to be in New Zealand in two years time (Christchurch or surrounding areas), i'm sure the time will fly by as we have so much to do between then and now.

We will be going out under my husbands skills but i was wondering if anyone has gone out there and set up there own business and how easy it was to do this?

My daughter and i would like to buy a coffee shop but have never run our own business before although she has worked in a coffee shop so we're not going into it totally blind.

Does anyone know how easy this would be or are we just dreaming?
Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Setting up your own coffee shop business

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
We are hopeing to be in New Zealand in two years time (Christchurch or surrounding areas), i'm sure the time will fly by as we have so much to do between then and now.

We will be going out under my husbands skills but i was wondering if anyone has gone out there and set up there own business and how easy it was to do this?

My daughter and i would like to buy a coffee shop but have never run our own business before although she has worked in a coffee shop so we're not going into it totally blind.

Does anyone know how easy this would be or are we just dreaming?
Thanks
no that's fine as long as you don't want it, for points to get a visa
because a lot of cafes are franchise,s immigration say that any body can run a cafe business normally has to be something new hope this helps
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Setting up a small business in NZ is "easy as".
Small business's are what keeps nz going and its so easy to get started.
There are lots of cafe's/ coffee shops for sale and it really is as simple as
finding the money, walking in and opening the front doors,
banks are good for business loans if you've got some colateral, especially westpac bank.
the price you'll pay for a shop can vary a lot and there is a LOT of competition.
where we live in a pretty small town there are about 12 coffee shops within
a 150 meter radius.
Have a look on trade me in the business for sale section, I've seen cafe's for
sale on there from as little as $15000 right up to $500000+ for a Robert Harris
franchise. I think with a cafe/coffee shop position is everything so wait till
your here before you jump in.
Good luck with your plans
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

thanks for replying, we can't wait to get there and get working everything out, i'm sure two years will fly by and we'll be in New Zealand before we know it.