British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/christchurch-quake-kiwgirlinalain-sad-news-her-sister-706659/)

Am Loolah Mar 12th 2011 8:40 am

Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Rest In Peace Lesley and may you find some peace for yourself in this saddest of times.

j19fmm Mar 12th 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

So sorry for your loss, I hoped , like many others there would be good news. Big hugs x

kiwigirlinalain Mar 12th 2011 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 9234763)
So sorry for your loss, I hoped , like many others there would be good news. Big hugs x

This morning we meet with the Celebrant to plan the celebration Les's life. So many more people here still waiting for news of their missing loved ones. I know how they are feeling and my heart breaks for them. Love and thanks to you all.

dannigirl Mar 12th 2011 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain (Post 9235242)
This morning we meet with the Celebrant to plan the celebration Les's life. So many more people here still waiting for news of their missing loved ones. I know how they are feeling and my heart breaks for them. Love and thanks to you all.

So sorry to hear of your tragic loss kiwigirl....I'm sure no words can reach the pain you are feeling.

Thoughts, prayers and lots of love for you and your family at this very sad time.

Dannigirl xxx

irishbloo Mar 13th 2011 12:57 am

So sorry for your loss.x

Nice Guy Mar 13th 2011 1:16 am

Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Truly sad and tragic news.

Time to reflect on the wonderful life that Lesley enjoyed and to share with others those marvellous memories of Lesley.

My thoughts are with you, your family and all the other bereaved people of Christchurch at this time.

BevK Mar 13th 2011 9:53 am

Please accept my sincerest sympathies for your devastating news and tragic loss. I can't even begin to know how you and your family must be feeling right now, but be consoled in the fact that everybodies thoughts and heart are with you. Big cyber hugs and to you. xxx:heart:

Si19761 Mar 13th 2011 10:32 am

So very sorry to hear your news but pleased you are able to be with your family and lay Lesley to rest in the circumstances. Take care and celebrate all that Lesley enjoyed in life.

VickyMel Mar 14th 2011 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Si19761 (Post 9236424)
So very sorry to hear your news but pleased you are able to be with your family and lay Lesley to rest in the circumstances. Take care and celebrate all that Lesley enjoyed in life.

Really sorry to hear of your loss Kiwigirl, I saw the her name added to the list last week.
My heart goes out to you and your family at this awful time.

Take care of yourself

kiwigirlinalain Mar 14th 2011 8:57 am

I have been asked to speak at Les's service. I have been sitting here for hours contemplating how you fit 54 years into 2 minutes. I received an email from my sister at 8.53am on February 22 so I have decided my eulogy will be my response to her last email. Kia kaha, aroha!

Beedubya Mar 14th 2011 9:08 am

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain (Post 9238449)
I have been asked to speak at Les's service. I have been sitting here for hours contemplating how you fit 54 years into 2 minutes. I received an email from my sister at 8.53am on February 22 so I have decided my eulogy will be my response to her last email. Kia kaha, aroha!

I have no profound words but just to let you know that people all over the world are thinking of the loss of your sister and your pain. My deepest sympathy to you and your family and to all the people who have lost loved ones in Christchurch.

Arohanui. :heart:

chippy64 Mar 14th 2011 4:46 pm

I think that is a lovely idea! I spoke at my Dad;s funeral and it was very difficult but I am glad that I did it. Thinking of you. xx

j19fmm Mar 14th 2011 6:26 pm

Excellent idea :thumbsup: hope it goes well x

Nickimas Mar 14th 2011 11:53 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss.

I think your speech being a reply to the e-mail she sent you is a lovely idea.

Thoughts are with you x

bolton1 Mar 15th 2011 6:54 am

Eskimos believe that stars are our loved ones ways of sending kisses - I hope her star continues to shine brightly for you and the family & friends looking up .

in my prayers