British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/christchurch-quake-kiwgirlinalain-sad-news-her-sister-706659/)

kiwigirlinalain Feb 23rd 2011 11:26 am

Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Can't believe the love and generosity spilling from you guys! I so miss New Zealand. My sister is missing and believed to have been in the CTV building when the quake hit. I am in the Middle East and just feel so far from home right now. What with all the ME problems and then the Christchurch tragedy I am feeling really low. Wondering what is happening in the world. My heart goes out to all the people of my home town and pray that I am one of the lucky ones and my sister is safe and well.

xx

Am Loolah Feb 23rd 2011 11:45 am

Re: Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain (Post 9196098)
Can't believe the love and generosity spilling from you guys! I so miss New Zealand. My sister is missing and believed to have been in the CTV building when the quake hit. I am in the Middle East and just feel so far from home right now. What with all the ME problems and then the Christchurch tragedy I am feeling really low. Wondering what is happening in the world. My heart goes out to all the people of my home town and pray that I am one of the lucky ones and my sister is safe and well.

xx

What's your sister's name? Lots of us also have FB pages where we could post the details and see if our friends in the South Island can find any news? Got to be worth a shot?:fingerscrossed:

kiwigirlinalain Feb 23rd 2011 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 9196131)
What's your sister's name? Lots of us also have FB pages where we could post the details and see if our friends in the South Island can find any news? Got to be worth a shot?:fingerscrossed:

Her name is Lesley Thomson. She worked for ITO in the Amuri Court Building in Durham Street. She left work at 12.00 to walk to the CTV building for an appointment with her Osteopath and has not been seen or heard from since. Her cellphone is still charged and rings then goes to answer?

Thanks so much!
xx

irishbloo Feb 23rd 2011 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain (Post 9196152)
Her name is Lesley Thomson. She worked for ITO in the Amuri Court Building in Durham Street. She left work at 12.00 to walk to the CTV building for an appointment with her Osteopath and has not been seen or heard from since. Her cellphone is still charged and rings then goes to answer?

Thanks so much!
xx

Hope you find your sis safe and well.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscross ed:

chippy64 Feb 23rd 2011 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain (Post 9196098)

xx

I hope and pray with all my heart that you receive good news soon. :fingerscrossed:

cappuccino Feb 23rd 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks so much!
xx

I am also praying that your sister is found safe and well.
<<<hugs>>>

Am Loolah Feb 23rd 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks so much!
xx

OK, I've posted it perhaps others can do the same.:fingerscrossed: For some good news soon.

BEVS Feb 23rd 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks so much!
xx

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 9197237)
OK, I've posted it perhaps others can do the same.:fingerscrossed: For some good news soon.

Will do.

edited....

I've moved the posts into a dedicated thread and made it a sticky. That way your sister's details won't be lost within accom offers. It needs to be out there.

What news is coming from your family members in Christchurch. Are you able to consider a flight back to be with them ? News reports indicate that some family members are or have been keeping vigil in Latimer Square.

VickyMel Feb 24th 2011 5:55 am

Really sorry to see there is still no news of Lesley

Thinking of you Kiwigirl - hang on in there

ex geordie Feb 24th 2011 7:40 am

Re: Christchurch Quake - BE member overseas still cannot locate her sister. Details.

Your family are in my thoughts Hope you receive good news very soon xx

Kija Feb 24th 2011 8:40 am

Re: Christchurch Quake - BE member overseas still cannot locate her sister. Details.

I really hope you get some good news soon!! :fingerscrossed: x

Pollyana Feb 24th 2011 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 9197237)

Added to my FB page.......

Si19761 Feb 24th 2011 4:23 pm

Have been checking in to see if you had news, so sorry to hear you are still waiting, keeping fingers crossed for you and your family. Kia Kaha

MnB Feb 24th 2011 5:54 pm

Checking for news....:( keeping everything crossed for you.
Kia kaha :lol:

Charlie Paynter Feb 24th 2011 6:48 pm

I have everything crossed for your sister, Lesley. :fingerscrossed: