Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of
Default Christchurch Quake - Kiwgirlinalain. Sad news of her sister.

Can't believe the love and generosity spilling from you guys! I so miss New Zealand. My sister is missing and believed to have been in the CTV building when the quake hit. I am in the Middle East and just feel so far from home right now. What with all the ME problems and then the Christchurch tragedy I am feeling really low. Wondering what is happening in the world. My heart goes out to all the people of my home town and pray that I am one of the lucky ones and my sister is safe and well.

xx
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:45 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Xchurch Quake - Offers of help and accom.

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
Can't believe the love and generosity spilling from you guys! I so miss New Zealand. My sister is missing and believed to have been in the CTV building when the quake hit. I am in the Middle East and just feel so far from home right now. What with all the ME problems and then the Christchurch tragedy I am feeling really low. Wondering what is happening in the world. My heart goes out to all the people of my home town and pray that I am one of the lucky ones and my sister is safe and well.

xx
What's your sister's name? Lots of us also have FB pages where we could post the details and see if our friends in the South Island can find any news? Got to be worth a shot?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
What's your sister's name? Lots of us also have FB pages where we could post the details and see if our friends in the South Island can find any news? Got to be worth a shot?
Her name is Lesley Thomson. She worked for ITO in the Amuri Court Building in Durham Street. She left work at 12.00 to walk to the CTV building for an appointment with her Osteopath and has not been seen or heard from since. Her cellphone is still charged and rings then goes to answer?

Thanks so much!
xx
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Her name is Lesley Thomson. She worked for ITO in the Amuri Court Building in Durham Street. She left work at 12.00 to walk to the CTV building for an appointment with her Osteopath and has not been seen or heard from since. Her cellphone is still charged and rings then goes to answer?

Thanks so much!
xx
Hope you find your sis safe and well.:fingerscross ed:
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

xx
I hope and pray with all my heart that you receive good news soon.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much!
xx
I am also praying that your sister is found safe and well.
<<<hugs>>>
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:25 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much!
xx
OK, I've posted it perhaps others can do the same. For some good news soon.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thanks so much!
xx
Will do.

edited....

I've moved the posts into a dedicated thread and made it a sticky. That way your sister's details won't be lost within accom offers. It needs to be out there.

What news is coming from your family members in Christchurch. Are you able to consider a flight back to be with them ? News reports indicate that some family members are or have been keeping vigil in Latimer Square.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 23rd 2011 at 9:53 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

VickyMel is an unknown quantity at this point

Really sorry to see there is still no news of Lesley

Thinking of you Kiwigirl - hang on in there

Last edited by VickyMel; Feb 24th 2011 at 7:53 am.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice
Default Re: Christchurch Quake - BE member overseas still cannot locate her sister. Details.

Your family are in my thoughts Hope you receive good news very soon xx
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:40 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christchurch Quake - BE member overseas still cannot locate her sister. Details.

I really hope you get some good news soon!! x
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Added to my FB page.......
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Have been checking in to see if you had news, so sorry to hear you are still waiting, keeping fingers crossed for you and your family. Kia Kaha
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:54 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Checking for news.... keeping everything crossed for you.
Kia kaha
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

I have everything crossed for your sister, Lesley.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.