Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Christchurch Earthquake

The Christchurch Earthquake

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Christchurch Earthquake

Helpless is the word. I'm waiting on news to see if my friend is safe. He was working in the city for 3 days this week & would have booked into one of the four hotels that were damaged. Also the son of a dear friend lives& works there & still waiting for him. Nothing on them yet from the Red Cross.
How many times can I clean the toilets?!!!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this site is amazing because I've just heard from both & they are safe. My friend had checked out around 9 am to do an extra call out. He returned later to the hotel which had collapsed. He was subsequently stuck in the traffic getting out of the city.My friend's son was caught up in the traffic & didn't have phone access.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Mrbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't belive such a disaster has happened in NZ...such a waste of life and devestation to peoples lives...

My thoughts and best wishes are with those affected by this tragedy...
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Vikkichic
Well this site is amazing because I've just heard from both & they are safe. My friend had checked out around 9 am to do an extra call out. He returned later to the hotel which had collapsed. He was subsequently stuck in the traffic getting out of the city.My friend's son was caught up in the traffic & didn't have phone access.
Thank goodness they are found safe. Good news.

Let's hope more people hear about missing persons as the day wears on and people can touch base.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

My men are safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:42 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased for you both vikkichic and chippy64. Lets hope as time goes on there are more stories like yours.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 12:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misty55
<removed by Moderator>
Why post this shit?? Offensive title for a start: Haiti v Chch earthquake, it's not a football match FFS
I gave it a chance and soon realised it was just a chance to air some dubious points of view that no one wants to know about. Haiti and Chch- two very different situations and circumstances-did you even watch this before you posted it, did you really think it was appropriate or even going to be acceptable? I don't often get angry but this has really pissed me off.

I am living through what's going on in Chch and even though I have been very lucky the stress and constant fear is not lessening. People have died and may well be dying, my partner is helping out and I don't know how safe he is. Concentrate on the facts and what is really relevant and quit trying to make some disgraceful and racist issue out of what is happening here .

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 22nd 2011 at 12:54 pm. Reason: I agree.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 12:42 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The Christchurch Earthquake

<Still blames the Christchurch wizzard >
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
Am I right in thinking that if my son was at home in Redcliffs, he wouldn't be able to leave because of Ferrymead Bridge being closed?
THe bridge was shut yesterday, my daughter was over that way but managed to get out, there are ways around it. Hope he is safe X

Just read your above and pleased they are all safe.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Why post this shit?? Offensive title for a start: Haiti v Chch earthquake, it's not a football match FFS
I gave it a chance and soon realised it was just a chance to air some dubious points of view that no one wants to know about. Haiti and Chch- two very different situations and circumstances-did you even watch this before you posted it, did you really think it was appropriate or even going to be acceptable? I don't often get angry but this has really pissed me off.

I am living through what's going on in Chch and even though I have been very lucky the stress and constant fear is not lessening. People have died and may well be dying, my partner is helping out and I don't know how safe he is. Concentrate on the facts and what is really relevant and quit trying to make some disgraceful and racist issue out of what is happening here .
Thanks BEVS
Think I'm getting a bit stressed out here
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Thanks BEVS
Think I'm getting a bit stressed out here
Thanks from me too
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vikkichic
Such good news so happy for you. We still have no news of my sister. Feel son helpless being so far away!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:40 pm
My word is my bond.

Arthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud of

Had so many texts and emails from England last night asking if I was OK and had to explain to a few that even though I felt the quake I lived a four hour drive from CHCH. The texts came thick and fast from London and it was nice to think that so many were thinking of me. Every beeping text did not wake me up though. Like so many other people on the South island last night I did not feel much like sleeping. I doubt tonight will be any easier.
There is a real sense of togetherness in NZ at the moment and that makes every emotion that bit more personal. The whole country is feeling part of this tragedy.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:10 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
My men are safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Been worried about you since I first read your worried post.
Absolutely fantastic news!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Been worried about you since I first read your worried post.
Absolutely fantastic news!
Great news, so happy for you x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.