Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Christchurch Earthquake

The Christchurch Earthquake

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:20 am
My word is my bond.

Arthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud of
Default The Christchurch Earthquake

My heart goes out tonight to all those families that have lost loved ones on this terrible day in New Zealand.
I have seen things today that were truly unforgettable. New Zealanders have done themselves proud today in individual acts of courage and the way they have conducted themselves in the middle of this disaster.
I am very proud to say that I live in this country.
Kiwis..............you are amazing.
To those lost today, Rest in Peace.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

theRices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Christchurch Earthquake

I have just turned the tv to watch BBC Breakfast to find out these terrible news. We will hopefully (as long as we get our PR's) be moving to Rolleston this Aug/Sep.

We will still be coming but no doubt the mother in law will be panicing when she sees these terrible news.

theRices will be thinking of you all
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

I wish I was there helping out
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:27 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Our thoughts are with those who have lost friends and relatives and are caught up in this terrible situation.

Watching it on TV, just looks horrible
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:07 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you all, so sorry to hear that people have lost their lives and that families & communities once again have been devastated by the destruction that has occurred. Keeping everything crossed for you stay safe
MnB x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Just devastating! I am in the Middle East, Christchurch is my home town. Most of my family are OK but my sister is missing. She was at work in the Amuri Courts building in Durham Street. Does anyone know if that building is still standing. I am hoping that she has been evacuated to Hagley Park and can't make contact because the phone lines are down. Any information would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:08 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

google has a missing rellies link

so does TV 3.

http://christchurch-2011.person-finder.appspot.com/
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I right in thinking that if my son was at home in Redcliffs, he wouldn't be able to leave because of Ferrymead Bridge being closed?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

The Herald also has a pdf map showing a detailed aerial image of the damage to the CBD:

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webconte...D%20damage.pdf
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
Am I right in thinking that if my son was at home in Redcliffs, he wouldn't be able to leave because of Ferrymead Bridge being closed?
Chippy.
Suggest you try people on here as well

http://www.emigratenz.org/forum
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Our thoughts are with everyone in Christchurch at this dreadful time x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:54 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

kiwigirlinalain I hope you get good news of your sister soon. Our thoughts are with everyone touched by this catastrophe, wish there was something I could do...
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misty55
< removed by mod>
Not sure what your point is in sharing this video on this thread. Seems highly insensitive to me & not at all relevant.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 23rd 2011 at 1:19 am. Reason: Link removed.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:57 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I just seem to be flicking between, talk radio, news channels and the internet getting an update on the situation.
Does anyone else feel completely useless and unable to do anything to help?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
Just devastating! I am in the Middle East, Christchurch is my home town. Most of my family are OK but my sister is missing. She was at work in the Amuri Courts building in Durham Street. Does anyone know if that building is still standing. I am hoping that she has been evacuated to Hagley Park and can't make contact because the phone lines are down. Any information would be much appreciated.
Link NZ Herald. The article has a list of buildings seriously damaged.

Try this number.

From Civil Defence
People
in New Zealand concerned about the wellbeing of friends and relatives in Christchurch should call 0800 REDCROSS (0800 733 276)

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 22nd 2011 at 10:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.