Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch Cultural Festival 2008

Christchurch Cultural Festival 2008

Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Christchurch Cultural Festival 2008

I just have to share my day with you all today when I went to the Christchurch Town Hall and watched the Primary Schools put on their Kappa Hakka performances. I was one very proud lady watching my grand-daughter peform. All the children on that stage were excellent and put on great performances. I loved the boys all doing their varying Hakka dances and what a way for them to put all their energy into the routine. Everyone was clapping and cheering and a great time was had by the peformers and the audience. Still have performances tonight and tomorrow if anyone in the area fancies going it is well worth it. I am not sure what is on tomorrow . I wonder if any of our expats members children were there as well.

This is what I love about being in a new country is watching all the cultural performances. They even had a west coast school come over and perform. Some did Hawaiian dances too. Great afternoon's entertainment. Well recommended if not this time maybe next year and encourage your kids to join in the Kappa Hakka class at school.