Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Child Care Support

Child Care Support

Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Question Child Care Support

Hi All

Quite recently a few of my friends have had babies and they appear to get quite a lot of money (in UK) towards nursery fees if they go back to work full time, i.e one of my friends has an 18 month year old, she and her hubby work full time and they get £500 a month which covers nursery costs.

Do we get anything like this in NZ, no babies for me yet but we will be hoping to once in NZ!

J
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:13 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Care Support

Originally Posted by jeany
Hi All

Quite recently a few of my friends have had babies and they appear to get quite a lot of money (in UK) towards nursery fees if they go back to work full time, i.e one of my friends has an 18 month year old, she and her hubby work full time and they get £500 a month which covers nursery costs.

Do we get anything like this in NZ, no babies for me yet but we will be hoping to once in NZ!

J
blimey - i dont suspect thats the norm. either that or they know how to work the system ;-)
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Child Care Support

Originally Posted by jeany
Hi All

J

i am guessing they get a very low wage in uk to get that
amount.....don't know how it works here other than if you earn more than 75k you don't get any tax credits,don't think theres any family allowance here...thats all i can tell you i'm afraid.......jacky