Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone Going to See Goldenballs?

Anyone Going to See Goldenballs?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:52 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Going to See Goldenballs?

Just wondering if anyones got tickets to see Mr Beckham and the lads?

Phwoarrrrrrr .... (On mute. Clearly.)
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone Going to See Goldenballs?

divvent be silly lass!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:08 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Just wondering if anyones got tickets to see Mr Beckham and the lads?

Phwoarrrrrrr .... (On mute. Clearly.)
Star-studded line-up

1 GK Joe Cannon
2 DF Mike Randolph
3 DF Ty Harden
4 DF Ante Jazic
5 DF Chris Albright
7 MF Chris Klein
8 FW Peter Vagenas
10 FW Landon Donovan (VC)
11 FW Israel Sesay
12 DF Troy Roberts
14 FW Edson Buddle
15 MF Quavas Kirk
16 DF Kyle Veris
17 DF Abel Xavier
18 MF Kyle Martino
19 MF Josh Tudela
20 FW Carlos Pavón
21 FW Alan Gordon
22 DF Kelly Gray
23 MF David Beckham (C) [21]
25 GK Steve Cronin
27 FW Mike Caso
35 GK Lance Friesz
-- MF Clint Mathis
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
10 FW Landon Donovan (VC)

17 DF Abel Xavier

20 FW Carlos Pavón

23 MF David Beckham (C) [21]
Just four 'names' in the whole squad that i 'know of' from football....

Not sure Xavier is still the bleached caricature he once was but bar him it certainly seems like the 'David Beckham road show'

Last edited by teambwr47; Nov 26th 2007 at 5:20 am.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:20 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Just four 'names' in the whole squad that i 'know of' from football....
I think Clint Mathis did 'When a child is born'.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

almost worth going just to see king neptune (abel xavier) fine barnet, but only almost!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:30 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

His mug is all over the place in Welly at the moment, huge flags right outside the train station, a big pic of him on a billboard on wheels etc. I heard something pretty funny about him the other day. Someone said he was pretty and did well selling shorts. Oh, as an afterthought, he plays footie too.

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I think Clint Mathis did 'When a child is born'.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Not ruddy likely! They've increased ticket prices 50% just to see him!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Bit of shameless name dropping i guess but......

We sat right next to the Beckhams for dinner once and they seemed like a proper family unit despite the attentions they attract. They were out for a meal with her mother and father and the kids just after the plot to kidnap the kids had happened. As it is a very well controlled restaurant plus the huuuugeeee guy who normally runs the door, there were no press present.

David Beckham did most of the parent stuff with feeding the kids etc and they just had what seemed a very chilled 'normal' night out.

I personally think he's a good guy.....yes, he's made a mint but for me he's a good role model for young footballers and actually youngsters in general. His battling attitude to his football is something a lot of others should learn.

I still think he's one of the very best crossers and strikers of the ball there is and that he should still be England captain.

His wife was far more sexy as slightly curvy spice though.......

Last edited by teambwr47; Nov 26th 2007 at 5:54 am.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:50 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Not ruddy likely! They've increased ticket prices 50% just to see him!
Not to mention it's not included in the regular season, so season ticket holders lose out...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:27 am
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

Yep,

Feels like we just got here cause we've been moving house every two weeks since we arrived on 2 October. Hubby thought the kids needed some R & R that reminded them of a bit of normality and since they are both football mad - then the Beckham roadshow it is. They can't wait to go but I couldn't believe the price of the tickets ! Still I suppose for them its a one off, thankfully.

We've eventually found a decent rental place in Waikanae, we move in on 1st December, so just waiting on the container getting up here from Welly. Hope it gets here in time.

I wonder how long Beckham will play on the pitch? Hope its more than just a 10 minute lip service PR thing.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Scottish Family
Yep,

Feels like we just got here cause we've been moving house every two weeks since we arrived on 2 October. Hubby thought the kids needed some R & R that reminded them of a bit of normality and since they are both football mad - then the Beckham roadshow it is. They can't wait to go but I couldn't believe the price of the tickets ! Still I suppose for them its a one off, thankfully.

We've eventually found a decent rental place in Waikanae, we move in on 1st December, so just waiting on the container getting up here from Welly. Hope it gets here in time.

I wonder how long Beckham will play on the pitch? Hope its more than just a 10 minute lip service PR thing.
oooo, lucky you!!

I think I read he has to play for a minimum of 55 minutes.

Take a zoom piccie for us girlies please!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:36 am
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

Its a done deal!

How much is it worth???
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Scottish Family
Its a done deal!

How much is it worth???
You can have my daughter's Victoria Beckham style book for free - no use to her now we live here!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:57 am
Dr. Watchers

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
You can have my daughter's Victoria Beckham style book for free - no use to her now we live here!!
Gee thanks, I'd heard you were the generous type

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.