Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The child with AIDS thing

The child with AIDS thing

Old May 10th 2012, 6:57 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Angry The child with AIDS thing

NZAF executive director Shawn Robinson said it was "outrageous" how the boy and his family were being treated by the centre and Whangarei community.

"It's stuff we haven't seen for 25, 30 years since the beginning of the Aids epidemic. In fact, something we have never really seen in New Zealand," he said.

"This is a community that has started to get into a hysterical witch hunt and is refusing to listen to the facts about HIV and is really persecuting this boy and his family."

Robinson said the boy's brothers, who are at primary school, were also being discriminated against, even though they don't have the virus.

About 20 parents went to the school, demanding the brothers be removed, he said.

He met with the centre on Friday with the boy's paediatrician, but said it was a "really dysfunctional meeting".

"They didn't want to listen to any of the facts. They completely dismissed the doctor like he had nothing to add to the conversation," Robinson said.

"They have been wilfully ignorant to the facts and then allowed hysteria to occur."
They let those people have children and worry about an HIV child?

The greatest threat to those children appears to be hereditary stupidity. MOSJ or CYFS should step in here, there has to be a point when a parent is just too thick to raise their own children and this incident has singled out "about 20". They must literally be borderline mouth breathers to worry about their children getting AIDS in the school playground. It's not even a *****ing catholic school after all and it doesn't matter how many salty biscuits they share in the playground, they're just not going to get aids.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there needs to be a test for people who intend to care for children.

That is all of my ranting for now.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The child with AIDS thing

They can't help it, it's the parochial in them, they'll likely get the torches and pitchforks out next.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit surprising, I thought NZ was a bit more tolerant.

Years ago a similar story occurred with Eve Van Grafhorst suffering similar treatment in Australia, NZ welcomed her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_van_Grafhorst

Oh, and to be pedantic it's not AIDS.
Old May 10th 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
They can't help it, it's the parochial in them, they'll likely get the torches and pitchforks out next.
Horrible, stupid, gormless, VINDICTIVE village idiots..the lot of them. I shudder to think the values they will instill in their offspring and as for the Kindy people who divulged all this highly confidential info? They should all be sued/charged (if they have broken any privacy laws) or preferably sent to a very small island far away from sentient human beings.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:04 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, our youngest was bitten at kindy, twice by the same other, younger child. No huge deal, the kindy staff dealt with it very well. I can imagine that situation would take on whole new stress levels if HIV present on either side.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:40 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

personally I find a lot of 'kiwi's' to be quite narrow minded and not just about HIV/aids either. Racism and homophobia are also common place. So it's hardly surprising that this HIV issue has raised it's ugly head.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Hmmm, our youngest was bitten at kindy, twice by the same other, younger child. No huge deal, the kindy staff dealt with it very well. I can imagine that situation would take on whole new stress levels if HIV present on either side.
I have had a bit of HIV education in years gone by when working as plod, I was told you need about a litre of saliva from a HIV positive person..and this child does not apparently have any antibodies showing when his blood is tested the drugs these days are that good. More to the point I am reliably told you should treat EVERYONE as 'infected' as there are other blood borne illnesses that are risky such as the varied hepatitus strains. This is a horrible situation and managed dilgently should not have been an big issue. There is stuff I do not know about the whole HIV/AIDs thing but I would never exclude a child like this and more to the point I would want my children to learn that these people are not lepers and can be your friend and playmate. I want my kids to be kind, accepting, non exclusionary, caring humans not thick bigots. I worked with too many of the latter whilst in Plodland.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
personally I find a lot of 'kiwi's' to be quite narrow minded and not just about HIV/aids either. Racism and homophobia are also common place. So it's hardly surprising that this HIV issue has raised it's ugly head.
Yeah, but they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freindly. Yeah right!!!
Old May 10th 2012, 7:49 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

My mam was a nurse and she came in to personal contact with HIV+ people on a weekly basis and she never contracted the virus. She was however told to be more concerned and careful around Hepatitis
Old May 10th 2012, 7:55 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
It's a bit surprising, I thought NZ was a bit more tolerant.

Years ago a similar story occurred with Eve Van Grafhorst suffering similar treatment in Australia, NZ welcomed her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_van_Grafhorst

Oh, and to be pedantic it's not AIDS.
am just old enough to remember that and I honestly think there was a strong element of getting one over the Aussies with Eve VG. Petty, why yes, yes we can be
Old May 10th 2012, 8:11 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Yeah, but they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freindly. Yeah right!!!
Haha and sooooooooooo fake and so interesting right?

Im so looking forward to the UK and some interesting, funny and lively people
Old May 10th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
My mam was a nurse and she came in to personal contact with HIV+ people on a weekly basis and she never contracted the virus. She was however told to be more concerned and careful around Hepatitis
My point exactly..and that one can kill! AIDs/HIV is no longer a death sentence so I understnd.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:16 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm

I wouldn't go yet it's been raining none stop for a month.....
Old May 10th 2012, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm

And that horrid shitty eye advert on the wireless, 'kiwi eyes are different, thru' them we can see anything we want'.............yeah right, a deluded, shite, insular, up my arse view of the world.

Since when were kiwi eye's genetically different from the rest of us?

Last edited by Genesis; May 10th 2012 at 8:58 pm.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:48 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stormer999
I wouldn't go yet it's been raining none stop for a month.....
I don't actually care about the weather I'm just so exited

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.