Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

chch immigration office/work permit

chch immigration office/work permit

Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:31 am
Just Joined

wimsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question chch immigration office/work permit

Hi, has anybody gone to the chch office recently to get their work permit/visa done on the same day? Was just wondering what time to start getting in line and anyone know how many they are doing on the day, they give out tickets I seem to remember.
Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:53 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chch immigration office/work permit

Originally Posted by wimsy
Hi, has anybody gone to the chch office recently to get their work permit/visa done on the same day? Was just wondering what time to start getting in line and anyone know how many they are doing on the day, they give out tickets I seem to remember.
Cheers
Go to "Blogs" and read Wiz&Ton's, I think they got in line at 5am and the next people turned up at 6am for a 2 year visa of some description?!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chch immigration office/work permit

Originally Posted by wimsy
Cheers
if you are on the skills shortage list or partnership permit (I think you can renew them too??) you can do it in the same day. If not you'll be told to put it in the box (which after waiting for 2 hours is a tad irritating!) Mrs bin went down at about 6.30 ish and was second in the queue. You'll be lucky to get a slot for that day if you are after about 8ish. Very much the luck of the draw though. Good luck..