carers

Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default carers

hi my wife is careing for two people, one is 83 and not well the onther one has no leggs, but is in a wheelchair;
cant see any thing on skills list is there any places in tauranga that would train someone like my wife, as she would be second applicant, wont matter how long it takes, to retrain
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all
Default Re: carers

Think you can get jobs in rest homes and they give you the training for their establishment but please be aware most pay minimum wage about $12-13 per hour which is not a lot.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Your wife could try sending bolton1 a PM - she is a social worker based in Tauranga and may know who your wife should get in touch with?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

There's plenty of work in Rest Homes, or as a carer in the community. It's not well paid, burt better than it used to be. When I left 8 months ago I was on $14.50 p/h and one Rest Home in our town pays up to $16, but if you go for an agency job visiting people in their homes make sure you read the fine print. It can seem like you get paid more but you actually don't. There are very few full time jobs as carers too - mostly part time and shifts.

If you aren't reliant on her to get into NZ she could maybe retrain in a whole other area once you get here.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Hi there

There's plenty of work in Rest Homes, or as a carer in the community. It's not well paid, burt better than it used to be. When I left 8 months ago I was on $14.50 p/h and one Rest Home in our town pays up to $16, but if you go for an agency job visiting people in their homes make sure you read the fine print. It can seem like you get paid more but you actually don't. There are very few full time jobs as carers too - mostly part time and shifts.

If you aren't reliant on her to get into NZ she could maybe retrain in a whole other area once you get here.
hi thanks for all your repiles, its mainley something for her to do , she makes a lot of craft things ie cards knitting ect, if she could do some part time it would break up the day , only problum is she cant drive but i know the bus,s run every half an hour, but will look into it once we get there