Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Car seats question

Car seats question

Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car seats question

I have been meaning to ask this question for weeks now but kept forgetting !!!

Do our car seats fit into the cars in NZ??? I know it's probably a stupid question, but one I needed to ask!! I don't even know what kinds of cars there are available out there so I'm as stupid as the question is lol

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car seats question

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I have been meaning to ask this question for weeks now but kept forgetting !!!

Do our car seats fit into the cars in NZ??? I know it's probably a stupid question, but one I needed to ask!! I don't even know what kinds of cars there are available out there so I'm as stupid as the question is lol

Michelle & Carl

how old are your kids?
we brought our car seats over but they were the ones that go from 4yrs /14kgs http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lx208...rand,carbritax

legally over here i think they don't have to be in a car seat after 5yrs

http://www.britax.com.au/
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poppets

Thanks for your reply! We have a 1, 2, and a 9 yr old so we need to bring 2 car seats over. They're both in the ones from 9m and up but I'll have a look at the Britax site as one of them is Britax.

Thanks again

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poppets

Thanks for your reply! We have a 1, 2, and a 9 yr old so we need to bring 2 car seats over. They're both in the ones from 9m and up but I'll have a look at the Britax site as one of them is Britax.

Thanks again

Michelle & Carl

my kids were 4& ahalf & 2 & a half when we came over , luckily the two & a half yr old was tall enough & heavy enough to just fit in a new seat , so we didn't have to drag a big heavy one one the plane. But saying that i think you can sit the kids in them on the plane anyway
good luck
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
But saying that i think you can sit the kids in them on the plane anyway
good luck
Yes, you can...we did. Our DS was 19 months and sat in his car seat on the plane OK. We still use the same seat here and it fits into our Mondeo and CRV fine.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

we bought our booster seat and our 9m+ seat - put them both in the hold, no problems - gave the kids room to lie down on the airplane seats.

both seats fitted in the cars we bought, no probs there either.

car seats to buy over here can be pretty expensive, but you can also hire -

www.babyonthemove.co.nz (there are other places as well!) we used them to hire a cot when we first arrived (ours was in the container!)

Vicki
Old Nov 6th 2006, 6:46 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

To get an idea of what cars you can buy and how much they are check out www.autotrader.co.nz

Lots to choose from and some familiar models. The european cars are more to service etc as the spares need to travel further....
Old Nov 6th 2006, 7:33 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poppets

Thanks again

Michelle & Carl
britax have a car fit finder on their UK website, so if the car you find has a UK equivalent model then you should be in business so to speak....
anyone had difficulty getting the seats onto the plane?
- we used to put our eldest in his on the way to the States but some airlines were more helpful (BA) than others.....
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
britax have a car fit finder on their UK website, so if the car you find has a UK equivalent model then you should be in business so to speak....
anyone had difficulty getting the seats onto the plane?
- we used to put our eldest in his on the way to the States but some airlines were more helpful (BA) than others.....
we got a couple of boxes of our packers & took them with us to the airport, once we parked the car we packed the car seats up in the boxes, along with some blanets & other bulky items, but as i say our seats were quite light & the boxes went into the oversized trolley at check in (the never actually weighed them!!) but we knew we was just about on our baggage limits. Singapore Airlines also checked all our baggage all the was through to Auckland so we didn't have to lug it around singapore during our 1 night stopover
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:20 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:
we got a couple of boxes of our ...... during our 1 night stopover
thanks for that - may try that method although the flights we are eyeing up at the mo seem to be with ANZ (are they so generous with allowances for "migrants"?? ??? ??) but that can all change come the dreaded "meds" :scared:
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

:scared: thanks for that - may try that method although the flights we are eyeing up at the mo seem to be with ANZ (are they so generous with allowances for "migrants"?? ??? ??) but that can all change come the dreaded "meds" :scared:
singapore airlines allowed us 30kg + hand luggage ,as migrants, each which we found was plenty
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:17 pm
you dewty owld maan!

singapore airlines allowed us 30kg + hand luggage ,as migrants, each which we found was plenty
mm...useful info - will file it away somewhere...... not in my head as it'll get lost!!!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mm...useful info - will file it away somewhere...... not in my head as it'll get lost!!!
if you're anything like me, you'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on. When i say i'm gonna put something away on a safe place , i never ususally see it again
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

We brought four car seats

* a Britax car seat - which went in the crate
* two polystryene booster seats - which were wrapped in black plastic bags at the airport as we used them on both sides of the travel
* a baby car seat - which also got wrapped in a black plastic bag and placed in with our luggage.

All fit our cars fine, as they are secured with a regular 3 point seat belt.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dlmckay
We brought four car seats

* a Britax car seat - which went in the crate
* two polystryene booster seats - which were wrapped in black plastic bags at the airport as we used them on both sides of the travel
* a baby car seat - which also got wrapped in a black plastic bag and placed in with our luggage.

All fit our cars fine, as they are secured with a regular 3 point seat belt.

Thanks for all the replies we've had! Think I'm going to stick them in the container and book sky cots for littles! Have got enough to take to the airport with us without lugging 2 great big huge car seats along too!

Michelle & Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.