Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby

Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:25 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby

Not so sparky now eh?

Can't buy you love....no, no, no, no........
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:14 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Another game run on 'Man U Time' (a parallel time zone to the current universe that began in April 1993.....7 minutes of added time and big and daft Steve Bruce scores twice to deny Sheffield Wednesday!!!)

...I was once asked the age old question "How long is a game of football?" Of course the coach was looking for the answer "Untill the final whistle blows" in other words to encourage us to keeping trying.....my reply was "90 minutes plus however long it takes Man United to score the winning goal" That was well over a decade ago....nothing much has changed
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Another game run on 'Man U Time' (a parallel time zone to the current universe that began in April 1993.....7 minutes of added time and big and daft Steve Bruce scores twice to deny Sheffield Wednesday!!!)

...I was once asked the age old question "How long is a game of football?" Of course the coach was looking for the answer "Untill the final whistle blows" in other words to encourage us to keeping trying.....my reply was "90 minutes plus however long it takes Man United to score the winning goal" That was well over a decade ago....nothing much has changed
Lol! 'Old Trafford Fergie Time' as I like to call it! I wonder if such a fuss would have been made if City had scored the winner though! Well I'm sure from Fergie's end there would have been

On a different note, I was surprised by NZ's apparent obsession of the EPL and Man Utd when we were over back in May ... should help us settle a bit easier
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

It was well worth staying up for wasn't it!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:13 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave77
Lol! 'Old Trafford Fergie Time' as I like to call it! I wonder if such a fuss would have been made if City had scored the winner though! Well I'm sure from Fergie's end there would have been

On a different note, I was surprised by NZ's apparent obsession of the EPL and Man Utd when we were over back in May ... should help us settle a bit easier
don't expect us to know anything about soccer....erm I mean football.

the guys who joined our winter team this season still needed a lesson on what a 1...2 was ........ the lesson involved drinking til 2am with the Burnley Sunderland game on over the weekend.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:35 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
don't expect us to know anything about soccer....erm I mean football.

the guys who joined our winter team this season still needed a lesson on what a 1...2 was ........ the lesson involved drinking til 2am with the Burnley Sunderland game on over the weekend.
er a 1-2 is when you pass the ball to a team mate screaming "One-Two" he looks at you dumbly, looks around the pitch, picks his nose, (in the case of one of our team - I kid you not) has a chat to anyone on the sideline, you run well in my case walk quickly, forward, into space. Team mate looses the ball or more often passes to the oppostion......leaving you way out of postition and they go on to score....

...that was the '1-2' you meant right?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

Yep, the hopeful cry of the midfield creative "genius" which fades into the look of total incrdulity on the part of the colleague who thinks that a "square" ball is one that is not properly inflated......or that "switch" means turn the floodlights "off".....

We seriously need to produce a football dictionary for Kiwis.......would sell heaps......
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

Pfft - I can't beleive your making this oppotunity to laugh at Man City into a serious "football tactics" thread!

Some people!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:34 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Latest from Sky Sports,Giggs has just made it 5-3.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:38 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by this charming man
Latest from Sky Sports,Giggs has just made it 5-3.
the old ones are the best.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A57501209
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:39 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by zoglet
Pfft - I can't beleive your making this oppotunity to laugh at Man City into a serious "football tactics" thread!

Some people!
well it helps all the armchair glory hunting United and newly acquired City fans to understand the rudiments of the game.....so its all educational really!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly one of the best derby games ever.
Great football from both sides, end to end stuff
from the first whistle to the last.

Of course i am a red and might have been saying
something different had we not won
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:00 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

breaking news,im no longer funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.