British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cant-resist-reference-manchester-derby-632179/)

zaras dad Sep 23rd 2009 9:05 am

Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby

http://i38.tinypic.com/2n16g0k.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

lardyl Sep 23rd 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Can't resist a reference to the Manchester Derby

Not so sparky now eh?

Can't buy you love....no, no, no, no........:lol:

scrubbedexpat094 Sep 23rd 2009 8:44 pm

:zzz::zzz::zzz::lol:

Wooly_Cow Sep 23rd 2009 9:14 pm

Another game run on 'Man U Time' (a parallel time zone to the current universe that began in April 1993.....7 minutes of added time and big and daft Steve Bruce scores twice to deny Sheffield Wednesday!!!)

...I was once asked the age old question "How long is a game of football?" Of course the coach was looking for the answer "Untill the final whistle blows" in other words to encourage us to keeping trying.....my reply was "90 minutes plus however long it takes Man United to score the winning goal" That was well over a decade ago....nothing much has changed ;)

dave77 Sep 23rd 2009 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow (Post 7958764)
Another game run on 'Man U Time' (a parallel time zone to the current universe that began in April 1993.....7 minutes of added time and big and daft Steve Bruce scores twice to deny Sheffield Wednesday!!!)

...I was once asked the age old question "How long is a game of football?" Of course the coach was looking for the answer "Untill the final whistle blows" in other words to encourage us to keeping trying.....my reply was "90 minutes plus however long it takes Man United to score the winning goal" That was well over a decade ago....nothing much has changed ;)

Lol! 'Old Trafford Fergie Time' as I like to call it! I wonder if such a fuss would have been made if City had scored the winner though! Well I'm sure from Fergie's end there would have been :rofl:

On a different note, I was surprised by NZ's apparent obsession of the EPL and Man Utd when we were over back in May ... should help us settle a bit easier :thumbsup:

zoglet Sep 24th 2009 1:56 am

It was well worth staying up for wasn't it! :thumbup:

lardyl Sep 24th 2009 2:13 am

Originally Posted by dave77 (Post 7958812)
Lol! 'Old Trafford Fergie Time' as I like to call it! I wonder if such a fuss would have been made if City had scored the winner though! Well I'm sure from Fergie's end there would have been :rofl:

On a different note, I was surprised by NZ's apparent obsession of the EPL and Man Utd when we were over back in May ... should help us settle a bit easier :thumbsup:

don't expect us to know anything about soccer....erm I mean football.

the guys who joined our winter team this season still needed a lesson on what a 1...2 was ........ the lesson involved drinking til 2am with the Burnley Sunderland game on over the weekend. :)

Wooly_Cow Sep 24th 2009 2:35 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 7959569)
don't expect us to know anything about soccer....erm I mean football.

the guys who joined our winter team this season still needed a lesson on what a 1...2 was ........ the lesson involved drinking til 2am with the Burnley Sunderland game on over the weekend. :)

er a 1-2 is when you pass the ball to a team mate screaming "One-Two" he looks at you dumbly, looks around the pitch, picks his nose, (in the case of one of our team - I kid you not) has a chat to anyone on the sideline, you run well in my case walk quickly, forward, into space. Team mate looses the ball or more often passes to the oppostion......leaving you way out of postition and they go on to score....

...that was the '1-2' you meant right?

lardyl Sep 24th 2009 3:32 am

Yep, the hopeful cry of the midfield creative "genius" which fades into the look of total incrdulity on the part of the colleague who thinks that a "square" ball is one that is not properly inflated......or that "switch" means turn the floodlights "off".....

We seriously need to produce a football dictionary for Kiwis.......would sell heaps......;)

zoglet Sep 24th 2009 4:32 am

Pfft - I can't beleive your making this oppotunity to laugh at Man City into a serious "football tactics" thread!

Some people! :p

this charming man Sep 24th 2009 5:34 pm

Latest from Sky Sports,Giggs has just made it 5-3.

lardyl Sep 24th 2009 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by this charming man (Post 7961862)
Latest from Sky Sports,Giggs has just made it 5-3.

the old ones are the best.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A57501209

lardyl Sep 24th 2009 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by zoglet (Post 7959851)
Pfft - I can't beleive your making this oppotunity to laugh at Man City into a serious "football tactics" thread!

Some people! :p

well it helps all the armchair glory hunting United and newly acquired City fans to understand the rudiments of the game.....so its all educational really! :lol:

Justcol Sep 24th 2009 11:14 pm

Possibly one of the best derby games ever.
Great football from both sides, end to end stuff
from the first whistle to the last.

Of course i am a red and might have been saying
something different had we not won :thumbsup:

this charming man Sep 25th 2009 1:00 am

breaking news,im no longer funny.:eek: