Canstaff

Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

scottishlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canstaff

Originally Posted by Tonylonsdale1991
Thanks for the advice Scottish lad in gonna look into trying to get a full sponsor or even come on a temp and find my own job as am really keen and if there's a high demand getting a good rate wont be hard

Cheers lads
come on a 1 year working holiday visa first. its easy, quick and cheap. then after the 1 year its easy to extend the visa.

There is a lot of demand and a lack of qualified tradesmen. I`d say now would be a good time to come before the places starts to get flooded with people.

Old Dec 2nd 2014, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

eggyfried is an unknown quantity at this point

Any of the Canstaff people still posting?

I got an email from them saying they were keen to progress my application for an Electrician further and looking to set up an interview with me. Is $25 an hour still the going rate for Christchurch? Any sparks went with Canstaff before?

I see Scottishlad was saying sort it out yourself, get across and find something unfortunately im too old for a WHV but i see i can get another visa through BUNAC for a year up until im 35. I think i would prefer the concrete offer of work before upping sticks though.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggyfried
Any of the Canstaff people still posting?

I got an email from them saying they were keen to progress my application for an Electrician further and looking to set up an interview with me. Is $25 an hour still the going rate for Christchurch? Any sparks went with Canstaff before?

I see Scottishlad was saying sort it out yourself, get across and find something unfortunately im too old for a WHV but i see i can get another visa through BUNAC for a year up until im 35. I think i would prefer the concrete offer of work before upping sticks though.
The 25 dollar wage is the starting wage you will start on with them. That's the norm for canstaff. Don't just come over and work because it won't work it's not that easy. There is loads of work but working for an agency means you can keep moving firms till you find one that suits you. They really aren't a bad outfit to work for. The six months you stay with th for goes really quickly and it's a settling period while your here too
Old Dec 6th 2014, 9:04 am
Just Joined

eggyfried is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply Jonesy.

After the interview do they give u a time frame in which they expect u to move by? I would need a bit time to tie things up here, save up for flights and first months accommodation so i wouldnt be expecting to move until june next year maybe.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

I was out here 3 months to the day of the interview. They will work around your schedule I think just because there is so much going on out here.
Just take into account that they work longer hours, work isn't quite the same as home and it's expensive to live.
If your coming over on your own and you take up the accommodation package that canstaff offers you will be fine. If your bringing a family over and only have one wage coming in then you will really struggle.