Canstaff

Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canstaff

Hi, I've just started dealing with a company from Christchurch called Canstaff. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them and how you got on.

Cheers
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Caoimhe07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canstaff

I went through the interview process and phone call with them, that was about 4weeks ago and haven't heard anything since, but I am only a graduate. Have heard they can be helpful tho regarding trade workers and experienced professionals.
Only thing that put me off was that they asked for me not to contact employers directly, to say to them and they would contact them on my behalf.

What kind of job are you looking for?if it is a brickie, carpenter etc everyone says it is better to go out there without agency help as there is plenty of work and you will have no time securing one. But i'm not out there just yet and cant say how true this is!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a joiner. I wouldn't take the risk to just up and leave the uk without having a job secured. I have been in regular contact with them and everything is going well. I just wanted to know if they had sorted anything else out for anyone on here.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:44 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Also don't limit your search to Christchurch. Recent job statistics show both Wellington and Auckland actually has a higher increase in new jobs listings than Christchurch.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

hotshot99_99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a carpenter and have just start looking in to this just filled out my app with Canstaff . Does any one else know of any other agencies people have been successful with?
jonesy115 Can you keep me up to date on how your doing if there is any problems or any help form info to speed along the process.

Cheers
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I have had no dealings with them but i can tell you that they are legit there are a couple of agencys bringing trades over at the mo as they just cant get them here, try Tradestaff also

Neil
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

And Hays, will post more as i think of them but am in the UK at the mo so pissed most of the time

Neil
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonesy115 View Post
I'm a joiner. I wouldn't take the risk to just up and leave the uk without having a job secured. I have been in regular contact with them and everything is going well. I just wanted to know if they had sorted anything else out for anyone on here.
I have a mate who is a bricklayer out there now, he went through Canstaff. They set you up with work and accommodation although he already had accommodation sorted. You need a police check and two work reference's, he was interviewed here in Ireland aswell by a representative. I'd definitely recommend them lad. Was gonna go through them myself however police check was gonna take too long and also they have no roofer position's available
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

I'm actually just going through the very beginning stages. Just waiting for another reference off one of my clients then I can send everything off to them. I have already applied for the CBR check so it wont hold me up in future.
Its good to know that they sort you out with somewhere to stay, it's one of the many questions I have for Canstaff when I finally talk to them.
I've been looking through the posts on here and reading the good and bad points about NZ. I'm glad I can take a gamble going out there while I'm single. Not sure Id take the chance if I had a family though.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

graham from yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point

Been offered a job in Christchurch as a glazier
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations Graham!
Did Canstaff sort that for you?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

graham from yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point

AWF trades in Christchurch. Got contract of employment last Friday, got medical and x ray next Wednesday.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

hotshot99_99 is an unknown quantity at this point

What Visa company did you go though the one they said to use? or did you do it your self?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

mily.lei is an unknown quantity at this point

Paddy do you know what is the accommodation like? It seems there isn't much (apart from holiday lets and motel) you can book before arriving and am worried about finding 6months accommodation for carpenter DH myself and DS who will be 2years old >_>
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

mily.lei is an unknown quantity at this point

PS we are also going through Canstaff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.