Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Camping Stove/Gas.

Camping Stove/Gas.

Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Otis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really nice
Question Camping Stove/Gas.

Hi there,

Has anyone brought their camping stove over from the UK? I think that in the UK they all work on butane or Calor gas etc, whereas here it appears to be all LPG, a combination of butane and propane. The screw fittings are different and the regulator, I assume, is different. Can you convert by buying a new regulator or is it completely different and/or we would be better off buying a new cooker? It's one of those with two burners with grill under so we would like to keep it if at all possible.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:15 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Camping Stove/Gas.

I'm not actually in NZ, but Australia, but faced a similar dilemma to you. We had a similar cooker by the sounds of it, and in the end, gave up trying to resolve the different fittings etc and bought a new cooker! Very irritating waste of money. AND the new one hasn't got a grill either!!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:47 pm
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all
Default Re: Camping Stove/Gas.

If your current regulator has a flexible hose then yes you can just get a new regulator and hose, take it into Bunnings (big hardware chain) and they will sort you out, for about $20 + cylinder as I recall.