Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Calling UK Mobiles

Calling UK Mobiles

Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of
Default Calling UK Mobiles

I have neglected my poor dad because he doesn't have a land line just a mobile phone
I have looked at skype prices which seem pricey still at 20c a minute, has anyone any info on a better deal, it will have to be via laptop as I dont have one of them there fancy phones (asked santa for one but I have been a bad girl this year so not looking good!!!)
Cheers, Marie
Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling UK Mobiles

skype is probably your best bet, most others including the cheap phonecards are
around 50 to 60 cents a min to mobiles.

My son in the uk uses skype to call me it works out much cheaper for him
Old Dec 6th 2011, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Ask your Dad to get a cheap smart mobile phone and put Skype on it then you skype him for free. You can get a Nokia N range very cheap and put skype on it for free then use it to recieve skype calls or he can make them if he has wireless router.

Last edited by PHONEJUNKY; Dec 6th 2011 at 7:02 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

If he is with O2, they have an International Favourites thing, which I was using. 10 pounds a month and he can phone your land line in NZ up to 50 hours a month! You will also get a number to use - you pay for a local NZ call but you go straight through to his mobile. It cuts out after 1 hour but he would just redial. Now I am here, I have given phone to my daughter as she has no landline in UK.