Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tauranga here we come but nowhere to stay!

Tauranga here we come but nowhere to stay!

Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:30 am
Just Joined

moomooandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tauranga here we come but nowhere to stay!

Well it's full steam ahead to Tauranga area, apart from we've got nowhere furnished to live, passports haven't arrived and no visas but hey it's all part of the fun someone told me today.
I'm on trade me all the time and all the holiday parks etc but it seems impossible to find somewhere until our furniture arrives. Anyone got any ideas please. We need a 3 bed if poss for 2 adults and 2 girls aged 5 & 8 years for between Christmas and New Year onwards? Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tauranga here we come but nowhere to stay!

Originally Posted by moomooandy
Well it's full steam ahead to Tauranga area, apart from we've got nowhere furnished to live, passports haven't arrived and no visas but hey it's all part of the fun someone told me today.
I'm on trade me all the time and all the holiday parks etc but it seems impossible to find somewhere until our furniture arrives. Anyone got any ideas please. We need a 3 bed if poss for 2 adults and 2 girls aged 5 & 8 years for between Christmas and New Year onwards? Thanks
Hi there,
We booked a place through here: http://www.bookabach.co.nz/
Booked from the UK and stayed 6 weeks until we found a long term rental.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:42 am
Just Joined

plien is an unknown quantity at this point

Have send you a pm
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 7:43 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

We did air beds and borrowed some stuff for 7 weeks til our container turned up....
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any ideas please. We need a 3 bed if poss for 2 adults and 2 girls aged 5 & 8 years for between Christmas and New Year onwards? Thanks
This will be a problem anywhere by the coast between Christmas and New Year, holiday parks and campsites especially will have been booked up months in advance by the regulars. Do you need to be in Tauranga immediately as soon as you arrive? Staying somewhere in one of the major cities should be a lot easier at this time as everyone will have buggered off out of town for their holidays.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

SparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really niceSparkyGaz is just really nice

If you can find an unfurnished rental people are very accomodating at lending furniture etc.
We have some chairs and stuff you could lend.
It defo is all part of the fun, just have to make it like an adventure sleeping on airbeds and stuff.
The four of us all slept in the same room the first 2 nights and the kids thought it was great fun.
Be glad you are arriving in summer.....we were freezin in July

Just put out a mayday on here and you will be surprised how many of us in Tauranga will come to your rescue.....dont forget, we have all been there.

One good turn and all that.

Best of luck
Gary and family